Recruiting Chinese students

Catherineli

Hello everyone!

It's been over one year since I was working for an elementary school in Tulsa. Now it's time for me to move up. As the fate arranged, I met a President at a university nearby. He is asking me to help him enroll Chinese students to his university. The tuition is 20,000 dollars one year. The boarding fee, meaning dormitory and food together, is 10,000 dollars one year. It's a Methodist Christian university. I wonder if some of you have some friends, relatives, and family who likes to come to the mid of America to study. I'll be their Chinese Mom at the university who works as a counselor.

Please send me a personal message if it's very sensitive or personal. I'm 100% honest with everyone.

May the New Year be amazing to you!

In HIS Grip

Catherine

• Like 1

Good show, Catherine. I do know some young people in some of the forums I belong to. Some are not Chinese (they are Asian) but want to study in America.

I know they need good scores on the academic tests, especially the TOEFL. What else particularly would be required?

Good luck with this project. Good on you.

More than a few Universities offer summer programs, anywhere from six to eight weeks, designed for foreign students. Li has acted as consultant and go-between with the family and the university. She has worked with University of Pennsylvania in Philly, University of Alabama (Roll Tide), Vanderbilt, and others. This is not her primary business, but it has provided some extra income. It requires a lot of leg work though and more than you might expect, the students are spoiled rich kids. The kid that went to Penn was upset, for example, that the school did not meet him at the airport in a Mercedes or a Jaguar. :bop:

Hello Allon, Mick and Jack, Good to see you here! I like to call Amberjack, "Jack" lol thank you for your encouraging messages. It seems that the university didn't mention TOFEL. They only hope to have Christian students who has no problem with tuition. I'll talk to them again about the specific requirement. If they enroll enough students from Asia, I'll be their counselor. For this summer, I'll teach ESL for the international students. It's our initial plan. So please know if they come to this university, your young friends will have a Chinese mom on the campus. That is me.

Peace to everyone

Catherine

Edited by Catherineli (see edit history)
  • Like 1