Hello once again community. I am in the process of doing the I-864 now. My parents will be my joint sponsors; my father is doing an I-864 and my mother is doing an I-864A. I just learned that my mother has a new job. She obviously won't have many pay stubs from her new job. I am thinking to ask my mother to get a letter from her old employer saying her position, salary, and how long she worked there, and then ask for a letter from her new employer saying the same thing. I will also ask for pay stubs from her old job Would that be the best approach to this situation?

Also, I'm guessing for her current individual annual income, she would calculate her new weekly salary by 52 and put that number on the form, even though it's November? Thank you very much!

I should also ask just to be safe, but for me, is it okay to just have my tax returns. I am living and working in China. Is it necessary for me to have a letter from my Chinese employer? I prefer to not get them involved in this process if it is possible...

Evidence is evidence. Anything you DON'T have is simply not available.

The I-864 is required - anything else is simply additional evidence. Your choice as to what is best to submit.