Is a job to be a stewardess worth trying?

Catherineli

Allon!!! thank you very much for this advice. I think I'll go on clinging on school jobs. thank you again.

Thank you Ronny for the new words and humors. English is not too difficult for me to learn but I can't get all the humors from Americans.

My dictionary tells that possum means "pretend to die". Ronny, have you ever pretended to die besides being a female attendant? What does "Possum partying with clay" mean? Your link doesn't help.

• Like 1

Hi Yajie,

A 'possum is short for opossum. It is a small animal with a long tail. When the opossum is threatened, he will pretend to be dead as a defense.

So the slang "playing possum" means to pretend that you are dead, or are hiding from something.

There are many opossums in Kansas and Oklahoma. You might even have seen one.

When I said "possum partying with Clay", I was talking about a man named Clay Logan. He started a 'Possum celebration in Brasstown, North Carolina on New Years Eve. It is about a lot of humor, and having fun. They elect a Possum Queen that night, and many people compete for the honor of being the Possum Queen. :D

Ronny's story was about him competing to be that Possum Queen. :rotfl: To me, it sounds like he did a great job!

• Like 1

My ex wife is a flight attendant for Delta. She mainly flies to Japan and back once a week. The pay and benefits are decent and she seldom ever works over 80 hours a month. It takes a long time to get enough seniority to hold a good route but there are also interesting trips you can pick up when you're on reserve. I don't think she's ever worked 24 hours straight. The length of the flight is it for international flights. They also get sleep breaks. Constantly changing time zones can be hard on your sleep rhythms though. My advice is if you find it interesting go for it.

• Like 2