Is a job to be a stewardess worth trying?

Catherineli

Hello everyone!

How are you guys? I've been doing well. It's been 17 months since I was settled in America. I've been working for Tulsa Public School also over one year now. I feel I'm stronger and tougher. I drive better too. So I'm trying to move up but it's very difficult to get a position at a university. Some one told me that to work for an airport as a stewardess, I'll enjoy free tickets to travel all over the world, and that I can go back to China very easily. The payment is pretty good.

I like to know your ideas about working as a stewardess. Is the challenge too much for me?

I can't find the "Job column" so I am here at "asking a woman". But I'm asking American guys for help. thank you every one! Best wishes!

Catherine

Catherine, so good to hear from you. :happydance: Glad you are doing well. I am sorry I can't tell you anything about the stewardessing business. I expect that you would come up against some pretty stiff competition in that line of work though and there is a lot more to it than meets the eye. Plus the guys are getting in on the act now too. :oneeye: On the other hand you don't have to be a stewardess to fly for free. :plane: Most airlines offer that in most any position. My stepson's stepson's wife worked as a baggage handler for United and she got 4 fly for free credit type cards. They could fly anywhere that United flies for free space available.

Now that I have said that it was 15 years ago and things do change so check into a position doing something else as well to see if that is possible. I would not limit myself to just one job in that field. Get your foot in the door and get to know the right people :worthy: and who know where you might land.

Good luck, God bless and keep you safe in whatever you do. :angel:

Amberjack!! How nice to talk to you again!! Thank you for your advice! I know what you mean now.

btw, I have been safe, never been in a jail lol

good night

Hi Catie,

First of all "Stewardess" is an outdated title. Today they're called Flight Attendant. In fact, most gender defining terms ending with ess are now considered passe.

Here's a link from Delta Airlines regarding Flight Attendant.

http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_US/about-delta/business-programs/training-and-consulting-services/flight-attendant-training.html

Best wishes. :)

• Like 1

Rawknee! My long time friend!

Dennis! My first English teacher from Candle!

Dnoblett! My Candle boss!

Good to see you guys again!

I will know what to do. thank you for taking the time for me!

will see you guys again!

I think Tsap was a Stewardess on my last Air China flight. I know it was him.... Real hot legs and stubbly chin.

And as to the post if you can get the job I think you would love it but be prepared to do USA flight mainly until you have built up seniority as the over seas flight are the most desired to work, how ever as stated before the Bilingual could get you a boost up.

Yes, I also saw TSAP on my flight as serving passengers pizza :happydance:

I think a flight attendant has to work over night or over 24 hours successively. I don't stay up late, not to say work a whole night.

I will take one day at a time and just be grateful.

Enjoy your flight everyone! TSAP is serving very well there! But please know he is not a stewardESS :happydance:

Okay okay, so I'll admit to a fetish for pulling on a very short silk skirt over my hairy legs, stepping into a tall pair of python boots, stuffing a couple of rolls of Mr. Whipple's favorite squeezable toilet paper under my tight shirt and living a second life as an airline stewardess. We all have our crosses to bear !!!! In 2005 I was voted "Most Ugly Stewardess in America" and then in 2006 I was voted "Miss Most Hairy Legs". I have to hide those awards from the lil' rabbit but by gum and by God I cherish them.

I have pretty much grown out of my stewardess stage nowadays. It was a lot of fun walking around for 14 hours on New York to Beijing flights, handing out food trays, extra pillows, blankets, all with a frozen smile on my face that made my facial muscles feel like they needed an enema. No sir, I have changed my ways from those days in the air being asked by first class businessmen with wickedly leering smiles as they tried to run their slimy hands across my hairy legs or they snuck squeezes on my Mr. Whipple's Charmin toilet paper rolls...."Honey, you are so exotic and so hairy...are you from Belarus or Kazakhstan?" :guitar: :winkiss:

No, all of that is behind me...now I am embarking on a new career, I want to be a hoochi koochi dancer in a traveling circus. :eyebrow:

Edited by tsap seui (see edit history)

haahhaha, hahahaa, I was following RobertH to tease TSAP but now I know more of TSAP! He used to wear a skirt serving on a plane! I trust every word he says! Thank you for being honest with us!! ahahahahah

It gets worse Catherineli, in 2001 I was in a beauty contest down in Brasstown, North Carolina. I had a full face beard at the time and I dressed up like some hipster lady with a short skirt (and very hairy legs) and a sexy shirt on. My talent was to dance the funky chicken to Rod Stewart's "Do You Think I'm Sexy". The crowd loved my dancing but I lost out to some pretty boy guy who REALLY looked like a woman without teh fqacial hair. Oh well, nobody ever said life was fair. :eyebrow:

The beauty contest was part of a New Year's Eve celebration at Clay's Corner gas station and small country store, there in Brasstown. Clay Logan is crazy for anything opossum. He sells all kind of possum stuff in his store. In New York they have a huge glittery ball drop at the stroke of midnight for New Year's Eve....in Clay's Corner, they slowly lower down a possum in a plexiglas cage as everyone counts down to midnight. :victory: The whole evening was a real hoot.

Finally as they are letting the possum down to the ground and everyone was counting down...the rope got stuck and they had to stop the countdown until some feller got the knot out of the rope, letting the countdown begin again and the possum being let go to run away into the woods.

• Like 1

Yes, a boner fide possum Queen. That could have been me!!!!!! I danced one mean funky chicken, and I couldn't have gotten a better song to dance to. I strutted my stuff, shook my booty and the crowd went wild as I kicked dirt like a chicken and pecked at the ground while flappin' my arms like spicy hot chicken wings and doing my best chicken plucking. All for naught!!! Done in by some pretty boy guy dressed in a cowboy suit. (Actually, Clay took me aside and told me since I wasn't a local that he had to give the crown of thorns to a local since the rest of them were local fellers and had been in the beauty contest for years). Alas, I was the new wench on the block....I lost. But I was a purdy loser. My hairy legs never looked better.

Here is a link to Clay's Corner....I've got one of the T-shirts that says, Possum, the other other white meat, and we bought a few cans of possum meat, ya jes never knows when ya may need some food. I know there was over 500 folks at teh event I was in and I read that as many as 3,000 come for the more current possum drop activities.

http://www.clayscorner.com/store.shtml

• Like 1

I have known several flight attendants and pilots. They like the job but the complaints boil down to two: the schedule and handling drunk or incapacitated passengers.

Often you are called to be on a plane in a couple of hours. And fly for many more hours and sleep deprivation becomes a problem. They do try to accommodate you as there are union rules to follow.

One attendant I know was actually hit in the face by a passenger. Other passengers helped her out. But here is a look at what attendants complain about: http://www.rd.com/advice/travel/13-things-your-flight-attendant-wont-tell-you/

Another: http://www.independenttraveler.com/travel-tips/travelers-ed/does-your-flight-attendant-hate-you

Good luck....