DS-260: "Address in US where you intend to live"

I'm preparing to fill out a DS-260 form on-line, and there's a question that asks "Do you have an address in US where you intend to live?". This question makes me nervous because it seems related to the "maintain sufficient ties to the US" requirement, which is a bit shaky in my case. My situation is:
(1) I haven't lived in the US since 2006.
(2) I don't own a home in the US.
(3) I use a PO box and a mail forwarding service for mail.
(4) I have numerous US bank accounts and credit cards
(5) I have a US (California) drivers license
(6) I pay US taxes every year -- a *lot* of taxes.
(7) I have various investments in the US (stocks, money market accounts, etc.)
(8) I'm part owner of a small US company, though not really involved with it.
(9) I don't have any relatives who live in the US.
When we return to the US, my daughter will be going off to college, somewhere, and my wife and I will live in hotels for a while, or stay with friends, and then will probably leave the US. So, I guess I could answer "yes" and provide a friend's address. The question says "live", not "live permanently", so I'd only be deviating slightly from the spirit of the truth. I'm worried that answering "no" would automatically lead to denial of the visa applications.
Any advice?

I'm preparing to fill out a DS-260 form on-line, and there's a question that asks "Do you have an address in US where you intend to live?". This question makes me nervous because it seems related to the "maintain sufficient ties to the US" requirement, which is a bit shaky in my case. My situation is:
(1) I haven't lived in the US since 2006.

(2) I don't own a home in the US.

(3) I use a PO box and a mail forwarding service for mail.

(4) I have numerous US bank accounts and credit cards

(5) I have a US (California) drivers license

(6) I pay US taxes every year -- a *lot* of taxes.

(7) I have various investments in the US (stocks, money market accounts, etc.)

(8) I'm part owner of a small US company, though not really involved with it.

(9) I don't have any relatives who live in the US.

When we return to the US, my daughter will be going off to college, somewhere, and my wife and I will live in hotels for a while, or stay with friends, and then will probably leave the US. So, I guess I could answer "yes" and provide a friend's address. The question says "live", not "live permanently", so I'd only be deviating slightly from the spirit of the truth. I'm worried that answering "no" would automatically lead to denial of the visa applications.
Any advice?

ALL (except #9, of course) of these things help to establish your U.S. domicile, including the address where you "intend" to live. I wouldn't think you'd have any trouble answering "yes" there.

> ALL (except #9, of course) of these things help

I don't suppose #1 and #2 help very much :rotfl: , and #3 looks fishy, maybe.

So, I should just pick some friend's address ?

Even #3 helps. You will at least need to receive mail at your address. Put some thought into it. Your case seems good to me, but denial is always a possibility.