Documents for Children for 10-month Stay in PRC

I've just today come across two excellent links:

1. Applying for a PRC Exit and Entry Permit for a Child with Dual Nationality

2. Applying to Renounce Chinese Citizenship

I'll be contacting the PRC embassy nearby in LA to see if we can do the latter here. If so, I'll update on how that goes.

The goal will be to renounce citizenship for the boys and then get Q2 visas for them.

Just don't forget to GET THE VISA. Once you HAVE their visas (AND use them), they have officially renounced their citizenship.

Or, you may find, like the guy in the video, that you've ALREADY renounced their citizenship if you acquired exit visas for them.

• 8 months later...

Hello All,

An update to my issue.

The Chinese Consulate in LA refused to issue my boys Chinese visas since they were both born in China.

Instead, we got them travel documents valid for two years. Getting these were straight forward and hassle-free, once we knew exactly what we needed. We completed the application via an online system (the link to which to consulate provided). Once we filled in the requisite information, the system prompted us to make an appointment. We took the boys to the consulate for a meeting. Once everything was in order, the books were issued. They entered the PRC on those books no problems.

Hello All,

An update to my issue.

The Chinese Consulate in LA refused to issue my boys Chinese visas since they were both born in China.

Instead, we got them travel documents valid for two years. Getting these were straight forward and hassle-free, once we knew exactly what we needed. We completed the application via an online system (the link to which to consulate provided). Once we filled in the requisite information, the system prompted us to make an appointment. We took the boys to the consulate for a meeting. Once everything was in order, the books were issued. They entered the PRC on those books no problems.

Yes - they are considered Chinese citizens - you may wish to get out of that loop as soon as you can, unless you are purposely retaining their citizenship.

The PSB should be able to help you with that, along with exit visas, if you don't already have them in hand.

How were you able to get them out of China originally (I assume without Chinese passports or visas for the US)? Did you show that documentation at the LA consulate?

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)