Itinerary for 10 year Chinese Visa

Hi All,

I have applied for a 10 year visa and included an invitation letter also. The visa service (visaexpress) called and they are asking for a Itinerary.......

We indicated we would travel there in October but in reality we will wait until next year so I am not sure what to send them. The airlines/travel agencies do not provide an Itinerary until the flight is booked.

Can anyone who has gone through this tell me how to get an itinerary that they will accept without actually buying tickets.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Have a relative in china write up an invite letter including activities anticipated, and approximate dates, and send it over to you.

We did that in the invitation letter indicating arrival date, dates we would Travel in China and where and return date.

I will email them I guess because in the phone call what I got from it is they wanted a flight itinerary.

I was hoping someone else had encountered this recently and had a simple way around it.

I used a Chinese citizen's invite letter last time that included dates and an offer to host me in their home, even though I would have several hotel stays in the duration of my trip . . but could not book them yet. It was sufficient. My least favorite aspect for me was purchasing tickets in advance without having a visa yet. But it worked.

On past trips I used oasis visa service to get visa. https://www.oasischinavisa.com/

Also used a travel agent in China to make up an itinerary. They will free form anything you need from transport to and from airports, domestic flights, hotels, tours. I used them for domestic flights and ground transport.

http://www.chinahighlights.com/

• Like 1

Hi All,

I have applied for a 10 year visa and included an invitation letter also. The visa service (visaexpress) called and they are asking for a Itinerary.......

We indicated we would travel there in October but in reality we will wait until next year so I am not sure what to send them. The airlines/travel agencies do not provide an Itinerary until the flight is booked.

Can anyone who has gone through this tell me how to get an itinerary that they will accept without actually buying tickets.

Thanks in advance for the help.

You should be able to create an intinary on Expedia or another travel site, just don't hit the purchase button. I got a 10 year visa over a year ago I still haven't used, I think that is what I did.

• Like 1

My wife got a 10 year visa earlier this year, she went to a travel agency in Plano TX and there took care of sending her passport to the Chinese consulate in Huston, probably dummied up an itiniary and invite letter from her sister.

I possibly would have been better off using Oasis instead of visa express but who knows. I ended up using expedia to actually book a ticket and then cancel it as they have a 24 cancellation window. This has worked I guess as they charged me for the visa yesterday. I should be seeing it in the mail first of the week. In the end it all worked out just had an extra hoop to jump through.

It will be great to have a ten year visa so we can make trips over this time period without having to go through the visa process so often.

The real difference in using Oasischinavisa instead of Visaexpress may just in the end be that they are more lenient in the consulate in Houston versus LA....................not sure if that is true but looking back on the last three visas I got I had gone through Oasis but none of them where for a ten year visa either. Just thinking out loud.

Oasis is located near Washington DC, I beleave they work with the Embassy in DC.

Last visa my wife did she used a travel agency near Plano TX while she was attending a class there.