Teaching Kellee to drive

Well, Kellee passed her written test, and was issued her learner permit for her DL this week. I now have two weeks to teach her well enough to pass her road test. The last time she drove anything was two years ago when I rented a little Hundai while we were on holiday in CA. She complained then that the car was too big, so it should be interesting when I get her behind the wheel of our Crown Victoria :wacko: Thankfully, The "Vic" is a former police car, and it's built like a tank.

Does anyone have a couple of extra crash helments and sets of body armour that I can borrow for a couple of weeks?

UPDATE:

This morning I took Xiahong to the South Salem DMV office for her second attempt at the written test. Her first try was in a hurry and she never even finished it before giving up and just picked an answer at random. For the next week, she studied night and day in true Chinese fashion.

I had talked with the supervisor at the North Salem DMV office about the great disadvantage Xizhong had compared to other Asians from Japan, Korea and Vietnam. The 3rd time she called me, she said there was a Chinese woman who spoke Mandarin at the South office, so that's where I went for the 'real' attempt.

We got our number and handed in the form at the Chinese lady's desk. She said she had talked to the other office's supervisor and it was OK for Xiahong to take the test on paper (rather than computer) and that she could use a paper translation dictionary that we checked out from the library the day before. Also, if there was anything she still had a problem with, she could ask the DMV lady.

Xiahong passed!!!!!!! I gave her, her first behind the wheel session about noon today.

I took the full day off because, as I mentioned earlier, if Xiahong didn't pass today, DMV would pay for a translator - either before or after the law suit. As it happens, I won't be seeking out an attorney to take on Oregon's DMV. DMV will never know how much they avoided today because I was loaded for bear. However, since she passed, I don't have the basis for a suit.

This whole episode with Oregon DMV has really ticked me off. If there are enough of us Oregonians who would be willing to put up $200 ~ $300 each for a class action suit, I would be happy to organize it. If we win, we will get our money back. Call it seed money to get a decent attorney to take it on. It would probably take a couple of grand to get started and I would be willing to kick in $500. The result would be Chinese drivers manuals and tests - like California and Washington. PM me if you are interested, but I won't go it alone.

Don could you give me the number and address of that office? When Bing is ready for test I would like to take her there

Guest Long_strider

Yuqing drove for 9 hours this weekend around the DMV office. Only one close call. Did very welll with parallel parking and the three point turn.

Tomorrow will take the driving test at the DMV office in Sherwood, Oregon.

Will update tomorrow regarding the experience.