Jump to content


Wife wants to visit China, worried she won't be able to return

China Visa pro forma visa Exit visa

  • Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#16 ferg9


    Freshman Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 12:11 PM

Thanks all for the advice. This is pretty scary because the wife and baby are going to China alone, so I'm really hoping nothing prevents them from leaving.

#17 dnoblett


    Here to help

  • Admin
  • 19,081 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 08:18 AM

Hi all I'm not sure if this is the right category to post in but here goes:

My wife is here with me in the States, she has her green card, and she plans to take a trip back to China in November. We were married on March 9, 2015, so I know there is one more step which we need to complete within the 90 day window before our 2 year anniversary. My questions are related to that final step we need to complete and how her status in the US will affect her ability to return if she goes to China. Separately (and I'm not sure if anyone will have knowledge of this) she wants to take our daughter with her to visit China. Our daughter was born in China but we got her an American passport and China gave her an exit permit, so now she is living with us in America as an American citizen. My questions around that are about which type of visitor visa to get her since she was born in China and has one Chinese parent but now lives in the US. The only info I can find on the consulate website is about children with one Chinese parent who were born in the US, not China like our daughter was.

*Will my wife be able to return even though we haven't finished her immigration process? (still need the last step completed within 90 days of second anniversary)
*Can someone please help me understand what that last step is?
*Does anyone know if there are special things to consider in regards to getting my daughter a visitor visa to China as she has one Chinese parent, was born in China, but now is an American citizen living in the US?

Thank you very much


2 years conditional residence is the 2-year mark which needs to be satisfied before filing an I-751 NOT 2 years of marriage, that is 2 years from entry to the USA in a CR-1 visa. 


I did not catch that when this was posted a year ago and only caught it when OP posted about travel while I-751 is pending... SEE: http://candleforlove...ent-green-card/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: China Visa, pro forma visa, Exit visa

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users