Question Regarding I-751 Timing (Removal Conditional Status)

I have a friend who applied for the I751 on May 19th 2016. She received the receipt letter shortly after that.

It's now July 25th and she has not received her Appointment Letter for her Biometric screening and fingerprints to be taken. Does anyone know what the current timing is to get the Appointment letter is?

She looked on the gov. website using the receipt number of the receipt she got back. I looked at it, and it says nothing will show up on the gov website until she gets the appointment letter.

Is this process just slowed down now?

She lives in MN, not sure if that matters , but figured I would throw it out there in case it does,

Thanks for any help you can provide.

just found this saying they are processing applications received on Oct 15th 2015. So it appears they are about 8 months behind.... Any idea how often they update that site and how fast it moves?

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processingTimesDisplay.do

Thanks in advance for any information someone able to provide.

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processTimesDisplayInit.do

Edited by Randy W
add link to initial page (see edit history)

The receipt letter should indicate that the validity of her current green card is extended for an additional year.

If you would like an I-551 stamp in her passport, make an InfoPass appt., although there's this note from someone who tried just last year

"The agent refused to give her one. Said... "You have a passport, you have an expired 2 year green-card and you have your I-751 letter. You have no need for an I-551 stamp.""

See Crickets for nearly 4 months on I-751 petition or other topics tagged I-751

I will point out sometimes removal of conditions can go over a year, if it does schedule an infopass appointment and they should place an I-551 stamp in passport to further show lawful permanent resident status.

Also, if it goes more than a year and you have intent on naturalizing and becoming a US Citizen you can file the N-400 at 90 days prior to 3 years of residence (Typically 1 year after you filed the I-751) this sometimes has the tendency to jumpstart the stalled I-751

Lastly not all I-751 cases have an interview, many get approved without an interview, this was the case for my wife.