CEAC No Update After 5 Months in AP

My fiancee got a blue slip when she had interview in mid of January this year because of her communist membership. She sent letter and resume to Guangzhou consulate per instruction in mid of February. I did sent an email inquiry to the consulate regarding her case in May. However, beside the update due to my inquiry, there are no more update from on CEAC since the next day that she sent the docs to the consulate. Is it normal?

It seems like her case is untouched after she submitted the document to consulate, and no one is working on her case. I am so worried now after 5 months of waiting...

Typically the consulate then defers this to the state department in Washington and waits for their decision.

You may want to contact your senator's liaison and have them enquirer inquire into status.

http://www.senate.gov/index.htm

Edited by Randy W
sp. (see edit history)

Typically the consulate then defers this to the state department in Washington and waits for their decision.

You may want to contact your senator's liaison and have them enquirer inquire into status.

I will contact my senator's office and have them send an inquiry to the consulate regarding our case. However, I don't really think that it is going to help our situation, as Department of State or Consulate can do whatever they like and hold no accountability on this matter.

I will contact my senator's office and have them send an inquiry to the consulate regarding our case. However, I don't really think that it is going to help our situation, as Department of State or Consulate can do whatever they like and hold no accountability on this matter.

Unfortunately you have got that right. They have a little dictatorship in that department. I wonder if even the president has any authority over them. Just a little joke at the end there but they are pretty much untouchable.

Edit to add: I wish you good luck and good fortune in the future.

Edited by amberjack1234 (see edit history)

We did not have the same circumstance. She was held up because she needed a receipt for an English school she went to. She did get it and had it sent in. Even showing the receipt a number of times in our correspondence did nothing. We waited almost 3 years.

I had a lawyer the whole time. Finally, he wrote one of the most threatening letters I have read and I worked for PI and WD lawyer.

Two weeks later they came through. Lotta tears.....

Unfortunately you have got that right. They have a little dictatorship in that department. I wonder if even the president has any authority over them. Just a little joke at the end there but they are pretty much untouchable.

Edit to add: I wish you good luck and good fortune in the future.

You and Larry are both EXACTLY right here. However, rattling the cage in some way (letters to congressmen, even the email thing) VERY occasionally CAN be noticed and actually have an effect.

• 4 weeks later...

My fiance just received an email from the consulate asking for submitting her passport, new medical report, and new police certificate. It took us almost six months to overcome the obstacle, and I hope that she can get her visa as soon as possible.

Btw, I did not contact my congressman:-), and only 4 updates on CEAC website before receiving that P5 email (excluding updates for inquiries made by us).

My fiance just received an email from the consulate asking for submitting her passport, new medical report, and new police certificate. It took us almost six months to overcome the obstacle, and I hope that she can get her visa as soon as possible.

Btw, I did not contact my congressman:-), and only 4 updates on CEAC website before receiving that P5 email (excluding updates for inquiries made by us).

Thanks very much for reporting back . . . and Congratulations!