Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind

It's unclear from the article if this is for real or another scam. Would Gandalf scam a Chinese woman?

Sir Ian McKellen found looking for love at the Shanghai marriage market

http://shanghaiist.com/2016/06/12/ian_mckellen_shanghai_marriage_market.php

http://shanghaiist.com/upload/2016/06/ian-mckellen-shanghai-1.jpg

Legendary British actor Sir Ian McKellen, known worldwide for his roles as Gandalf and Magneto, was spotted yesterday trying his luck at the People's Square marriage market.

I would like to have seen Waiting for Godot, especially with those two. Missed that. :ranting:

Same here. Waiting for Godot is a classic and illustrative of Beckett's genius. With those two in the lead roles it must have been incredible.

Sir Ian McKellen delivers an inspiring message to ShanghaiPRIDE

Hello, it's lan McKellen. I'm a gay man, and I'm sending love to everyone at ShanghaiPRIDE.

I'm so sorry I'm not with you, I have to be in London. But I have been on many pride occasions. Millions of people marching in San Francisco and in New York, hundreds of thousands marching in London and across Europe, and it's always the same. We meet with our friends, and we feel better about our lives. And although you are not marching, you're gathered together. And you are together. And that's the way you are going to make your own lives happier, and the lives of other people who don't yet know how wonderful life can be, when they can be out, and honest, and accepted by their families, their friends and society. That won't happen, of course, unless you carry on.

So that's my message to you: Do it!

Over the years in the United Kingdom, we talked to the politicians, we made our case, we spoke about our rights, we stood up for ourselves, and basically we were honest. And our families came together, and our friends came together, and together, we did it.

I send you all my love. It will be a long march, but you will get there in the end.

Bye bye.

• Like 1