So I've looked around the forums, and I see that it is possible to directly go in for the medical, you don't even need an appointment, though it is recommended, and do the medical. My question is as to this process. My wife has absolutely no records of any vaccines or anything. Will they be able to do the blood work and give her everything she needs to pass the interview right then and there? Like, will it be one visit, we pay for every vaccine and test, then get the results a day or two later then take them to the interview?

I saw that part of the blood test is to check for cumunicable deseses, It says if they have it but show something from a doctor that says it has been healed or tho medication has been started it will be fine. However I'm worried about false positives as it is something she contracted years ago but received medication for and doesn't have. Sometimes it still shows up in the blood work because the antibodies remain. What should we do about this? We plan on going to a local hospital first, getting a test. If it shows up, we plan on starting the medication and getting a note saying she did. But what should it say? Would any hospital and doctors note work for this? I just haven't found much information on this subject.

We plan on going in for the medical on Monday or Tuesday morning, and have her interview scheduled for Thursday. I think this should be enough time right?

Also, what kind of questions should my wife prepare to be asked in the interview? It can be done in Mandarin right? Our language of communication is Mandarin, but she has some basic English. I'm afraid she won't be able to pass any of the questions or understand, especially if she is nervous, if they use English.

This should be it for questions. I can't believe everything has been so quick! Paperwork submitted on April 12, interview on May 19...we have been blessed! Hoping our luck doesn't run out!

Edited by dnoblett
Removed reference to a specific disease (see edit history)

My wife simply got re vaccinated and had it recorded in the immigration record and got a yellow vaccination book.

Yes one visit and second visit to pickup results.

Interview in language that feel comfortable speaking, my wife choose English and asked to repeat in Chinese if she did not understand question.