Fours days to go

I Fly to San Francisco to meet my sweety and bronmg her to Tennessee in four days and I think this is worse than worrying about the interview. I've only had a year to get everything ready so I figure now is a good time to start. BUT WHERE?? I hired a housecleaner but she quit. In the past year I started four remodelling projects but I quit. I made a shopping list to upgrade from bachelor life to life with her and her daughter--you know more towels and pillows and dishes and-------etc.... but I lost it. I was going shopping for food but McDonald's was busy. I was going to clean and trim the yard but I can't find my tools in the garage. I was going to clean the garage but the boat is in the way. I was going to clean the boat but it is stuck in all the mess in the garage. I was going to---well you get the message---anyone else experience last minute to do's that don't get done?

I Fly to San Francisco  to meet my sweety and bronmg her to Tennessee in four days and I think this is worse than worrying about the interview.  I've only had a year to get everything ready so I figure now is a good time to start.  BUT WHERE?? I hired a housecleaner but she quit.  In the past year I started four remodelling projects but I quit.  I made a shopping list to upgrade from bachelor life to life with her and her daughter--you know more towels and pillows and dishes and-------etc....  but I lost it.  I was going shopping for food but McDonald's was busy. I was going to  clean and trim the yard but I can't find my tools in the garage.  I was going to clean the garage but the boat is in the way.  I was going to clean the boat but it is stuck in all the mess in the garage.  I was going to---well you get the message---anyone else experience last minute to do's that don't get done?

I started a list, but it kept growing, so I threw it out. Good thing too. Everything I bought, and I mean everything, from the linens and towels to the wok didn't seem to fit with Jingwen's needs/tastes. I could have saved more money if I didn't buy a thing until she arrived.

Fortunately, I was able to blame the condition of the house on the landlord. :P But, even that hasn't stopped her from transforming it into her home.

Don't worry about what you did or what you should have done. It won't make any difference. :P

Have fun watching your world change before your eyes.

Alright, I think I ahve it all figured out--don't clean anything 'cause she will claen it better, don't fix anything, 'cause she will want it fixed better, don't remodel anything, 'cause she will want it differrent, and don't buy anything, cause she will say it cost too much. It all sounds good to me but how about this. I make everything look good and put rugs and curtains over my half-done remodeling, sheets over the coffee stains on the furniture and a little air freshener almost everyplace. That way by the time she figures out is isn't so nice, I can blame her.

Not hard to guess I've been a bachelor too long -is it?