Question on what we should do?

My mother-in-law is here on green card as of Nov 2009. We filed for her to become a US citizen, using a lawyer. The reason we decided to use a lawyer was due to claiming inability to learn English based on her medical condition. We did not know how to initiate this. Using a lawyer made sense. Wow, almost sorry we did not do more research on this.

Mom had an interview. The legal assistant meet my wife and Mom at the interview. She had all of the documents except the last page. She made an excuse about delaying the interview, she would be back in 20 minutes with the last page. My wife made a feeble attempt at delaying, but they went ahead and had the interview.

What an interview. It lasted over an hour and a half. One question directed at Mom. All the others were in relation to the legal assistant. How did we find her, what did she tell Mom. on and on. Towards the end of the interview, the agent said, you do not pass. He stated do not worry. You have answered everything we asked truthfully. You are not in any kind of trouble.Reason for not passing is N-648 Page 4 Question 10. not answered complete. It was only one sentence. And no explanation on why she could not learn English. Page six was also missing. Agent recommended seeing a different doctor. I assume this was based on the form not being filled out correctly.

Well, now it seems the legal assistant has disconnected her office phone and changed her cell phone number. The interesting part is that she changed it several months ago. Makes me wonder if she already knew about possible problems. Since we could not reach the legal assistant, my wife took Mom to see the doctor to find out his part. He looked at what the legal assistant gave Mom. This is not what he gave her!! He produced what he filled out. Question 10 was not only filled out, but the continuation section was used to complete the answer. It also had page six, which is where Mom signs. He said, give this to immigration, things should be fine.

Next we got a letter from immigration. Dated day after her interview. It is a continuance letter. It states to bring this letter with requested documents to next interview.

On line shows

Case Is In Line For An Interview

On March 24, 2016, we started the interview scheduling process for your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization , Receipt Number NBC*xxxxxxxx63. We will send you an interview notice. Please follow any instructions in the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Question: Should we just wait for a bit to see if we get an interview letter? or would it help to speed the process up to schedule an Info Pass appointment to turn in the documents?

Edited by C4Racer (see edit history)

It's not clear that there would be an advantage to an InfoPass appointment - processing the documents may even slow down the process.

The instructions seem clear - "It states to bring this letter with requested documents to next interview."

Except for the glitch/headache, I'd say it looks pretty positive.