Getting a longer visa for China

I was wondering if anybody has any experience on getting a longer visitor visa for China. I have a 10 year Chinese visitors visa now but can only stay 60 days at a time. In order to get a drivers license I'm being told I need at least a 3 month visa. I don't see myself staying 3 months at a time but really would like to be able to drive while am there on my visits with my wife. She has a car but has only been driving few years and she scares the living daylights out of me the way she drives and on longer road trips it would be nice to switch drivers.

I was wondering if anybody has any experience on getting a longer visitor visa for China. I have a 10 year Chinese visitors visa now but can only stay 60 days at a time. In order to get a drivers license I'm being told I need at least a 3 month visa. I don't see myself staying 3 months at a time but really would like to be able to drive while am there on my visits with my wife. She has a car but has only been driving few years and she scares the living daylights out of me the way she drives and on longer road trips it would be nice to switch drivers.

You may request up to 180 days. 90 to 180 days seem to be the most common. Be sure to include a copy of your marriage certificate.

Check with the PSB or at the Beijing airport for a temporary driver's license valid for 30 days.

Here's a site about getting a temporary permit at the Beijing Airport Terminal - http://motorhome-chi.../report_dl.html

or at any Traffic PSB - http://www.saporedic.../#drivingchina2

Thanks for the links on the driving.........Do I take passport to Chinese consulate her in the US to get the extended time limits on the visa I have now in my passport? right now my visa says 60 day

You would need to purchase a new visa - perhaps talk with the PSB Entry/Exit bureau after your arrival.