N-400 proof of marriage

Just curious, looking at the requirements for naturalization. I see I need to provide last 3 years tax return, and bank statement. But I don't see the usual evidence of a 'real marriage' requirements I'm used to seeing in nearly every other previously application I've done.

Is none of that required this time around? Will it be expected at the interview to bring photos, ect?

Correct, they need only evidence you were married the 3 years (IRS Returns or transcripts)

Interview is basically a test of knowledge of american civics, english, history, etc.

No need of marital evidence needed at the interview, this is not removal of conditions.

Follow this checklist, nothing else is needed.

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/article/attachments.pdf

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...

I went with my wife to the interview. The officer let me in as long as I was still and silent. There is a Chinese CD in English/Chinese with a written booklet again in English/Chinese with all of the test questions and answers. Have your wife look on-line or ask the other Chinese wives about it. Every single question that was asked was on that test, so she passed it easily. The only extra document that was asked for that was not on the check list was do we have proof of health insurance for her and the family. She did not have this with her, but I had my insurance card in my wallet with all our names on it. When the officer looked to me, I asked if I could show it to her. She took it, made a copy and handed it back to me. Said it was finished and appeared everything was in order and we would receive a determination within 48 hours by mail. Everything arrived in 48 hours, and the process was complete except for the oath, that followed in 7 weeks.