NVC document review and interview timeframe

I submitted the financial and supporting documents to NVC through Elecronic Processing (EP) and have received a new 'GZO' case number. I also received email notifications from the NVC that they received files from me and to allow 30 days for them to review the documents. I'm hoping there are no problems or checklists and that I get a Case Complete soon.

I'm wondering how long it typically takes the NVC to review the submitted documents. I've read timeframes ranging from 2-3 months to just one week (EP case for MTL). Does EP make a difference in the time it take to review the case?

Please kindly share here how long it took your case to get to case complete after submitting all documents, if you encountered any problems and if you did EP or mail processing. Also, how long after the case complete date were your interviews scheduled for.

Thanks.

Edited by unmepbmn (see edit history)

It took my wife's mother case about 1.5 months document submit to transfer to Guangzhou with interview date set for about 2 months after that.

Hey there! :)

I had a CR1 package that was submitted in the US.

Once the fees were paid at the NVC, I was able to fill out the DS-260. That was on 9/25/15

On 10/21, I got a case complete from the NVC, so it took about a month.

A few days later, I got the interview letter from the NVC - they had scheduled my wife's interview for December 9th.

All told, about a month to review the docs, and then the interview was scheduled about a month and a half after that.

From what I've been told (by an NVC operator i talked to), whether you have electronic docs or paper docs doesn't make a difference in review time at the NVC. My docs were paper, and it still took a little less than a month to review. From what I've heard, the NVC pretty much holds to that 30 day window for review.

Also, if you are going through the NVC with a US-based I-130 submittal (not a DCF), the NVC now gives you an interview date after the document review. In the past, your documents had to travel to Guangzhou, and sit in customs for several weeks until they arrived at the US Consulate, and then the Consulate would schedule the interview. This is why the electronic process was faster - your documents didn't have to sit in customs. That isn't the case anymore. Now, evidently it doesn't matter, because the NVC schedules the interview.