Submit Documents to the NVC - email or mail processing

Eventually, my spouse will be interviewed in Guangzhou for IR1, and will bring all of the originals and photocopies necessary. Our case number begins with GUZ. We both reside in China.

I'm the sponsor and putting together the Financial Documents aka I-864 aka Affidavit of Support.

My immigrant spouse is gathering the Supporting Documents aka IV aka Immigrant Visa packet.

All of the above will be organized and delivered together at one time.

Looking at the NVC website below, it appears we have a choice of processing, or we can decide how to submit our documents: email or mail

I haven't noticed this question being addressed, so I wanted to check to make sure I'm understanding it correctly. To me, it seems that organizing and submitting PDFs by email will be easier than mailing printouts.

I want to double check that DCF really can do email processing.

Step 6: Submit Documents to the NVC

After you collect your Affidavit of Support form(s) and financial evidence in Step 4, and supporting documents in Step 5, you must submit all of your forms, financial evidence, and photocopies of your original civil documents inONE package to the NVC. Your case may be significantly delayed if you fail to submit all of your documents in one package.

Review the methods below, and choose the one that applies to your case.

Method 1: Email processing

If your NVC case number begins with one of the following prefixes:

• AKD
  • AMM
  • DMS
  • GZO
  • MEP
  • SAA

Scan and email your financial forms and evidence, supporting documents, and translations to nvcelectronic@state.gov. Please place your case number in the subject line of the email and keep your attachments below five megabytes (MB). If you have more than one case, use a different email message for each case. For more information, review our Document Scanning FAQs.

Method 2: Choice of processing If Your NVC Case Number Begins With And Your Visa Category Is You Can Choose Either MTL Any immigrant visa category Email Processing or Mail Processing GUZ CR1, CR2, F1, F2A, F2B, F3, F4, IR1, IR2 or IR5 Email Processing or Mail Processing BNS, FRN, HNK, RDJ, or SYD IR1, IR2, IR5, CR1, or CR2 Email Processing or Mail Processing

Important: Once you select a method, you cannot switch methods later in the process.

Method 3: Mail processing

If neither Method 1: Email processing nor Method 2: Choice of processing applies to your case, mail your financial forms and evidence, supporting documents, translations, and photocopies, with the Document Cover Sheet included with your NVC Welcome Letter, to the following address:

National Visa Center
Attn: DR
31 Rochester Ave. Suite 100
Portsmouth, NH 03801-2914

NVC cannot accept documents saved on any form of electronic media, including CDs and memory cards. If you send any electronic media to NVC, we will return it to you unopened.

Please allow 30 days for NVC to review your forms and documents once they are received. We will let you know if there are additional items required or if we have received all the requested documentation.

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/Submit_documents.html

DCF has no connection to NVC, the consulate handles the whole process. Document intake and fee payment happens just before interview at consulate.

If you filed the petition to the USCIS in the states then yes you have both options, electronic is far faster option.

Simply scan and email everything to them in PDF format, NVC will automatically issue a new GZO email address. They then electronically send case to consulate. If you do mail process NVC ends up having to pack and mail case file to consulate where it gets hung up in a customs hold for up to 3 months.

DCF has no connection to NVC, the consulate handles the whole process. Document intake and fee payment happens just before interview at consulate.

x2. You're doing DCF so you will submit everything directly to the consulate. After you submit your petition request you will receive an email from "Guangzhou IV appointment" with instructions of what they need. You will register and choose a CITIC bank. You wubmit the documents requested in the email to the bank. After a few days you will receive a follow up email with further instructions.

Here's the welcome letter we received from NVC. It tells us to submit documents to the NVC.

It also says we'll have the interview in Guangzhou, and our case number begins with GUZ. Therefore I thought we'd be considered DCF.

From this letter, it seems like we're supposed to send documents to the NVC.

NVC welcome letter edited Sm

Here's the welcome letter we received from NVC. It tells us to submit documents to the NVC.

It also says we'll have the interview in Guangzhou, and our case number begins with GUZ. Therefore I thought we'd be considered DCF.

From this letter, it seems like we're supposed to send documents to the NVC.

DCF stands for Direct Consular Filing. When you live in China, you can submit your I-130 petition directly to the USCIS at the Consulate in Guangzhou or Beijing. You apparently chose to submit yours stateside through the USCIS mailboxes. Processing through the NVC takes longer, but if you choose to submit ALL documents electronically, it will still go through fairly quickly.

CR1 Electronic Filing Processes