How long does it take to get passport and visa after the interview?

I am a foreign national currently living and working in Beijing.
I am currently waiting for the further process from NVC. but my immigrant visa interview will be held in Guangzhou.

In order to plan my trip to Guangzhou for my visa interview as I cannot travel out of Guangzhou without my passport, I'd appreciate if anybody could share some information on the following:

1. When the application is approved, normally, how long does the process take in Guangzhou before returning the passport and visa to the selected pick-up location/CITIC bank of the same city?

2. Is there express delivery/process so that I can get my passport and visa earlier?

3. Could it be possible that we get the passport back on the same day of the interview and the visa packet should be picked up later from the pick-up location?

Please do share your experience. I'd really appreciate. Thanks in advance!

You should be able to go to the PSB and get a document which will allow you to travel while your passport is being processed. Talk to them before you leave to find out what you need to do.

The visa packet will be returned with the passport, about two weeks or so after approval