Hey guys,

I'm now in this section after a fairly enjoyable K1 process....

My questions is about this medical. I've done a fair bit of research but I can't quite answer my own question.

My wife was pregnant during her K1 medical, so she did not get any vaccines. They did not give her a DS-3025 either.

I see via the I-485 instructions...

C. Fiance(e)s: If you are a K-1 fiance(e) or K-2 dependent who had a medical examination within the past year as required for the non-immigrant fiance(e)

visa, you only need to submit a vaccination supplement, not the entire medical report...

I don't understand if this means I need to fill out a DS-3025 or just the "Vaccination portion of the I-693". Which is the final page of the I-693.

I definitely wouldn't want to mail in a I-693 that is totally blank except the vaccination page. Unless this is what is expected. (???)

It also states that I do not need to include the "entire medical report".

So it seems that all I need to send in with my I-485, as far as medicals go, is the vaccination proof. I don't even need to provide proof that a medical was done in China (I don't have anything to prove that anyway really) as the K1 visa wouldn't have been issued without it anyway. True?

Thanks guys! I wouldn't have made it this far without this forum.

You will need her vaccination history as well as her being up to date as required.

Ours became complicated because, though she had a high quality exam and some expert administration of vaccinations in Beijing prior to her interview, the record of all vaccines was incomplete because the Beijing clinic could not get her childhood/adolescence shot record.

What our CS here in Denver did was send us out for certain titers to do some forensic analysis and allow him to fill in her current vaccination status while adding a few, including the current flu shot. Now, maybe you will find somebody who will complete and sign off on the vaccine report without corroborating evidence. We did spend some bucks but we're happy to have an experienced CS complete the I-693 (listed as a specialty at that particular clinic).

So, did you get any kind of book/paper of her vaccination history? Cause you will need this somehow for the 693 to be faithfully completed and signed.

Edited by Greg.D. (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Hey guys,

I'm now in this section after a fairly enjoyable K1 process....

My questions is about this medical. I've done a fair bit of research but I can't quite answer my own question.

My wife was pregnant during her K1 medical, so she did not get any vaccines. They did not give her a DS-3025 either.

I see via the I-485 instructions...

C. Fiance(e)s: If you are a K-1 fiance(e) or K-2 dependent who had a medical examination within the past year as required for the non-immigrant fiance(e)

visa, you only need to submit a vaccination supplement, not the entire medical report...

I don't understand if this means I need to fill out a DS-3025 or just the "Vaccination portion of the I-693". Which is the final page of the I-693.

I definitely wouldn't want to mail in a I-693 that is totally blank except the vaccination page. Unless this is what is expected. (???)

It also states that I do not need to include the "entire medical report".

So it seems that all I need to send in with my I-485, as far as medicals go, is the vaccination proof. I don't even need to provide proof that a medical was done in China (I don't have anything to prove that anyway really) as the K1 visa wouldn't have been issued without it anyway. True?

Thanks guys! I wouldn't have made it this far without this forum.

Your wife brought an immigrations package with her when she went to the U.S. This package contained her entire history, including the original medical report submitted for the K-1.

So yes, when they say "you only need to submit a vaccination supplement, not the entire medical report", they mean exactly that. Submit the (filled out) I-693 vaccination section.

• Like 1

Note many civil surgeons may try hitting you for a full medical, bring the I-485 instructions and highlight the part where it says only vaccination record needed, and stand ground, don't l let them try and to rip you off.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/topic/41344-us-civil-surgeons-and-the-i-693/

• Like 1