An Immigrant Story

dnoblett

Brings tears to my eyes. This video says so much. The simple word in a sentence they don't understand changes everything. I miss Jim.

Now I have to do something for my wife's adjustment, after getting our daughter of 13 where she can mostly study on her own. Kids pick up quick, but still so many words to go. American history has been laborious for us, but so beneficial. It's an easy school system here, but we are moving to a very good one for next year, if all goes well, so for her, haha...

Fen though gets lost in conversations Lele and I have, at times. So, now the shift to her. For her the adjustment has been hard, but through learning to drive a car, and the other little hurts that lasted 2-3 days each, she has understood me better and what I must do here in the USA. She has had to go from a well respected coach to a student. Maybe I spent too much time at home, but now I see she wants to go with me everywhere instead of sleep. In her whole life she has never been this idle. So we will now explore jobs and in the long run see if we can't get her certified to teach or coach.

JIm ? Who is Jim? Not sure if I know him.

I do like the video. It was interesting that much of video had no talking at all . Only at the end. Also it was in English, not Chinese. It does show some of the frustration and difficulty the mother had had when she first came to the states to attend college. Must have been in the beginning of the eighty's. It also show the positive relationship with the second roommate. Chen Chen did a great job. I wish her success. I think her parents must be proud. Danb

JIm ? Who is Jim? Not sure if I know him.

I do like the video. It was interesting that much of video had no talking at all . Only at the end. Also it was in English, not Chinese. It does show some of the frustration and difficulty the mother had had when she first came to the states to attend college. Must have been in the beginning of the eighty's. It also show the positive relationship with the second roommate. Chen Chen did a great job. I wish her success. I think her parents must be proud. Danb

Chen Chen is Jim and Yuqin Julian's daughter.