I-485 CCP Membership Dates (Part 3. C.)

Hi all,

We are filling out Form I-485 for my wife's AOS. She joined the CCP when she was an undergraduate student in China (as an academic honor) in 2010, but went completely inactive and stopped paying dues after she graduated and came to the US in 2011. Researching the topic of CCP membership, I am aware of Article 6 of the CCP Constitution, which states non-participating and non-paying members forfeit their membership after 6 months.

At the top of page 4 of Form I-485, Part C there is a table for listing past memberships and it includes columns for "Date of Membership From" and "Date of Membership To". I'm wondering, given the above, what we should enter for "Date of Membership To"? Should we enter the date she went inactive plus 6 months? Have others done similar?

Thanks!

- Sorca

Not the answer you are expecting, but I don't think one is out after 6 months.

We just did our K1 and, though she thought she was "out" by neglecting to pay dues, when she was gathering all her documents including the hukou and her personnel folder from her school (it should have gone to her employer years before but was stuck at the university) they told her she would not get it until she paid her unpaid dues.

But, maybe that is just for her case. So, her membership appeared much longer but was not an impediment to winning her K1 visa. I would take the safest strategy that avoids unintentional misrepresentation - I know some others have asked for a letter indicating date of separation and were rebuffed. Can she ask somebody?