Interview experience

I'm still surprised at how fast the process has moved along. I filed the I 129F in the middle of June '15 and her interview was Nov. 5.

I was with her for 4 weeks in May and we did as much paperwork as we could at that time and got her birth, divorce and police documents.

The interview came up so quickly that I didn't have time to return to China to bring her the documents for the interview, so I made up 2 identical packages of documents, each one about 3/4" thick. I send each package from the post office on different days as a precaution to try to make sure she got at least one. It cost $63 each (FedEx wanted $103) and they were well tracked and both arrived in 4 days.

I always thought it was unnecessary to send the women to the interview with kitchen sink thinking, 2 suitcases of documents, evidence and 6 photo albums, not to mention how difficult all of this would be for them to move this from place to place. I was right about this, at least in my case. I know other people have different situations, but this worked for us.

Here's how it went:

She went to the first window and gave a Chinese man the medical report, her divorce, birth and police papers, passport, l-134 w/2 attachments, 2015 payroll stubs, 2013 &2014 w2's, 2013& 2014 tax transcripts. The man asked her my name and if she will speak English or Chinese .

Ten minutes later she went to another window and it was an American man with good Chinese skills, but they spoke English.

He asked about our divorces and how long since divorced,

He asked her my name and without thinking she said "Master" and the man raised his eyebrow, smiled and said "Oh" and she quickly said my name. We are still laughing about this.

He ask about my children, where she will live, if she was a party member and about her job.

He then looked at the pics. I provided about 12 pics that were different from the ones that were sent with the I 129F and we had NO pics with her family. There were two pics of us on the beach in Beihai and she was in a little bikini and the man seemed very happy about this. Maybe because she is hot, but maybe because it showed we traveled together and would dress this way together. Something that probably wouldn't happen in a fake relationship.

They did not take most of my financial information and they did not want duplicates of anything that they already had or that she brought to the interview.

There was no hesitation or question about giving her the visa after about 10 minutes with the interviewer.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Good, good, good!

Happy for you!

It is true: have a real relationship, follow the directions, don't make mistakes, don't lie, and you will walk out of there with your visa.

I realize for some people this was not the case, but things have changed there in the last 3-4 years. All good!

Greg