Petition to Remove the condition on residence

First I want to say thank you for all the information throughout our process of getting my wife to the USA. She arrived 9/2/15. It has been great so far.

Now, we must file the for I-751 to remove the conditions on residence. I am confused on when to file. Is it within 90 days of our two year anniversary? Or is it another date? Our 2 year anniversary will be 1/21/2016.

Thank you,

Paul and Betty

The two years would be the expiration date of her two-year conditional green card. File WITHIN the 90-day period prior to this date.

If you had delayed her entry to the U.S. until your second anniversary date (1/21/2016), she would have received a 10-year, unconditional green card.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

Thank you for the response. Can someone clarify this statement for me? it is stated on her Visa, " Upon endorsement serves as temporary I-551 evidencing permanent residence for 1 year."

The I551 is the green card. The visa serves as proof that it is on the way.

Thank you for the response. Can someone clarify this statement for me? it is stated on her Visa, " Upon endorsement serves as temporary I-551 evidencing permanent residence for 1 year."

Yes, I-551 = Green-Card, the visa will act just like a green-card for up to a year or until the actual card arrives in the mail.

I assume you paid the processing fee to get the actual card produced, if not then do so now.

http://www.uscis.gov/uscis-elis