NVC...just an update...and a question...

Great to see it working out for you guys, Wawster!! Word is, no one gets denied now, just show up and get your visa from a smiling State Department employee. Apparently they have taken all of the State Department thugs that worked in Guangzhou out back and shot them. Good riddance!!! :victory:

Tsap...that's great news for me, but I won't forget the pain that a lot of you guys had to go through!

That pain is part of why this site exists.....so that guys like me have a better shot at making it through semi-sane.

Well...as semi-sane as I can be....

and that pain thing?....well...

As Yogi Berra said... "It ain't over 'til it's over"

I'll breathe again after she walks out with an approval...not before..

A few questions....can someone point me to the "4 folder" method link? I'm trying like mad to organize docs in a way that will help Yifang find things easily. I've read it before, but I can't seem to find it now. I'm trying to figure out what to put where..and a number of other things. These questions may make people roll their eyes, as I'm sure that they've been answered a myriad of times, but I can't seem to dig them out...so here goes....

Yifang and KeYu are going to the medical exam on November 22nd. I know that they need to bring the P4 letter and 5 passport photos. Is there anything else they need to bring with them?

The P4 letter asks for specific documents, and then other supporting docs. Do I put all the docs that they ask for in one "container", and others in the 4 folders? or do I just spread them out? I'm concerned that the officer will simply ask Yifang "give me the necessary documents"...without specifying anything...and then she'll reply with a blank look. We're starting to go over the list of docs she'll need to give them. We have all of them (except for a resume, which I'm writing for her now ....a resume...really??)

KeYu is 18, and has his own I-130...his own NVC case number, etc.. His interview time is the same as Yifang's, so I assume he's going in with her (IR2). I'm worried about having to replicate white books. For example, Yifang only has one white book for her prior divorce. Will we need another one for KeYu's package? I'm not sure what he'll need. I reckon I'll need to write a resume for him too. It'll say "Student"....easy peasy..LOL

I still don't have any good answers from Guangzhou or CGI Stanley as to what I have to do on CGI's site. I've gotten Yifang and KeYu a UID...and I've specified that docs be sent to her home. But I can't seem to go any further. The site want's you to schedule an interview next (which is already done) and the site says they don't recognize the case number....so I can't go any further. I don't know how I pay the fees for them to deliver her visa/paperwork/passport back to her. Calling CGI stanley got me put on hold for a 1/2 hour, and then the recording just said "Goodbye" and hung up on me. Does anyone know the procedure in this new "Non CGI appointment schedule" process?

Thanks for listening to my ramblings and questions... :)

Warren

Sorry for all the questions. As I try to arrange these docs, they come to mind.

A few questions....can someone point me to the "4 folder" method link? I'm trying like mad to organize docs in a way that will help Yifang find things easily. I've read it before, but I can't seem to find it now. I'm trying to figure out what to put where..and a number of other things. These questions may make people roll their eyes, as I'm sure that they've been answered a myriad of times, but I can't seem to dig them out...so here goes....

I am not familiar with a four folder method, but keep in mind everyone has their own particular way to be organized. Here's a few tips to keep in mind:

1. Conoffs are unlikely to ask to see original copies of documents that you've already submitted. But, you should be prepared that they may in fact ask to see originals of something or all. So, bring it all.

Think back to what you submitted. There was paperwork about you, the petitioner, that you should bring. Look to the NVC website to see what they suggest bringing. But, to simplify, you should provide her with:

About YOU

a. Copy of the full I-130 package you sent to the USCIS

b. Copy of the NOA-2, approval notice sent to you from the USCIS

c. Copy of the financial paperwork you sent to the NVC

MOST IMPORTANT, ABOUT HER

Remember ALL the civil documents you sent to the NVC. She must bring original copies of all of it. These include:

a. For her and son, Birth certificate and certified English translation (white book)

b. Divorce certificate (white book)

c. Marriage paperwork for you both and certified translation

d. Her passport

e. Police report and translation (white books for all translations)

f. And, any other documents you submitted to NVC

Catch ALL documents

Just in case they ask for photos that depict the two of you together, or evidence of relationship, she should bring a few with her. No need to bring too much. A dozen is more than enough.

Yifang and KeYu are going to the medical exam on November 22nd. I know that they need to bring the P4 letter and 5 passport photos. Is there anything else they need to bring with them?

Be sure to read the PDF document GUZ provides as there is a detailed list of what to bring. Follow it.

The P4 letter asks for specific documents, and then other supporting docs. Do I put all the docs that they ask for in one "container", and others in the 4 folders? or do I just spread them out? I'm concerned that the officer will simply ask Yifang "give me the necessary documents"...without specifying anything...and then she'll reply with a blank look. We're starting to go over the list of docs she'll need to give them. We have all of them (except for a resume, which I'm writing for her now ....a resume...really??)

There is really no need for a resume for your type of visa, and no need to worry about "containers." Again, keep in mind in the unlikely event they want to see originals, these will likely only be limited to the original copies of what you sent to the NVC already. Allow your spouse the freedom of carrying documents in her own fashion. Trying to force a new method of organization may not work out too well. Just keep in mind that usually they never ask to view originals, but if they do, she needs to differentiate between petitioner documents (YOU), and beneficiary documents (HER). Keep those separate.

KeYu is 18, and has his own I-130...his own NVC case number, etc.. His interview time is the same as Yifang's, so I assume he's going in with her (IR2). I'm worried about having to replicate white books. For example, Yifang only has one white book for her prior divorce. Will we need another one for KeYu's package? I'm not sure what he'll need. I reckon I'll need to write a resume for him too. It'll say "Student"....easy peasy..LOL

You should have been provided with three original copies of all white books when they were ordered. Bring one white book birth certificates, marriage, police reports, and so on.

I still don't have any good answers from Guangzhou or CGI Stanley as to what I have to do on CGI's site. I've gotten Yifang and KeYu a UID...and I've specified that docs be sent to her home. But I can't seem to go any further. The site want's you to schedule an interview next (which is already done) and the site says they don't recognize the case number....so I can't go any further. I don't know how I pay the fees for them to deliver her visa/paperwork/passport back to her. Calling CGI stanley got me put on hold for a 1/2 hour, and then the recording just said "Goodbye" and hung up on me. Does anyone know the procedure in this new "Non CGI appointment schedule" process?

This part of the process is about HER, not about YOU. The CGI Stanley website can be toggled between English and Chinese language. Allow your partner the flexibility to read it and learn it. Fees are paid at the Citic bank. Be sure to read and re-read the website and post specific questions if you both encounter difficulty.

Thanks for listening to my ramblings and questions... :)

Warren

Sorry for all the questions. As I try to arrange these docs, they come to mind.

Hey Wawster, see my suggestions inline above.....

Edited by HotBaozi (see edit history)

Thanks guys.

I appreciate the info that most likely, originals (white books) won't be asked for. My worry was that they'd ask for one for each individual case (Yifang is one, her son is the other)

And the list is great! it'll set me straight :)

Curious on a few things though.......

First...no "three copies" of white books. When we went to the notary office ( and then when SHE went later after I was back in the States), we thought ahead and got 2 copies of some of them...later, she only got one of others...that's what they gave us...you only got what you told them. I suppose we should have asked for more. But I guess the one will be enough for what we need. I hope so, anyway. The one I worry about most is her divorce white book. I think she only has one copy of that one. Did you get three as a matter of course?

Second...The NVC link to the Guangzhou PDF only says to bring 5 passport photos, and her passport to the medical exam. But I've seen other posts that say she should also bring the P4 letter. That isn't mentioned in the PDF...so it makes me wonder if there is anything else she should be bringing. (yeah, I'm worrying too much, I know). I'm wondering if there is anything I don't know about.

Third...there's no CITIC bank. There's not one within hundreds of miles of her or any of her family. So I put in for the docs to be delivered to her mother's home, where she's living now. I'll make sure that she looks at the CGI-Stanley site, but she won't get far. So far, all I've been able to do is to get her and KeYu a UID, and specify where docs are to be delivered. It won't let me go anywhere else without "scheduling an interview" which can't be done by CGI-Stanley anymore. I have emails into the CGI site to ask them what we do, now that you can't schedule an interview through them ...like if there is anything we need to do other than get a UID. So far, no response. But it's good to know that you pay fees to a CITIC bank. Since there's no CITIC bank involved, I guess she'll be able to pay the courier when they delver the docs to her.

I know it's about her, not me. But when it comes to the paperwork that the DOS is asking for, she feels out of her depth...so I've been trying to help as much as I can to ease the stress for her. Good advice to let her organize things, and also the advice to keep things separate between her docs and mine.. I think as we practice over the coming weeks, she'll feel more comfortable with it all. She's got loads of moxie, so I reckon when the time comes for the interview, she'll be a pro :)

• Like 1