NVC...just an update...and a question...

Thanks Tsap! :)

Our spirits are running pretty high right about now. :D

So now I'm reading up on the CGI stanley stuff. Honestly, right now, it makes very little sense to me. I mean, I get that they are the courier for any docs that need to be sent to Yifang. The concept is pretty simple.But the practice is a different story. I've been to the site now that was mentioned in the appointment letter 3 different times, trying to register...well...this is where it breaks down. I get lost as to where to go and what to do.

• Do I register separately for Yifang and Ke Yu? They each had their own I-130 and NVC case number, so I'm assuming the answer is yes.
  • No CITIC bank is within ...oh...looks like 600-700 miles of Yifang. Shoot...they don't even seem to have locations anywhere in Hunan at all. So do we select a location in Guangzhou or something? It's not a big deal for her to hop on a train to go to another city, but
  • The registering itself....man...what a maze I seem to get redirected from page to page...and never get registered. Yifang and Ke Yu speak very little English, and read none, so they can't do it. And if they ask me for help, I can't seem to get through it either. I read Doug's CGI steps...this seems to be for some documents that you need to send in if you get refused? I'm not clear on what these steps are for....

I guess what I am asking is if anyone has a good handle on how to unravel the CGI maze, I'm all ears! :) I know I need to get it done before the interview....

I didn't have to deal with GGI, Wawster so I have no clue. I sold my immigration lawyer for China practice a few months ago. I can't keep up anymore. :flowers_and_kisses:

LIke Mr. Natural once exclaimed to the crowd around Oat Willie when he wrecked his oat cart on the pages of Zap Comix...."Won't someone please help this poor man?" :rotfl:

Dan is busy, Randy is travelin' and the rest of us are doing something with our wives on the kitchen table top. Help will arrive, amigo. :victory:

Of that, I have no doubt!

:)

And Jeez...I didn't think anyone remembered Zap comix....I was partial to the Fabulous furry freak brothers... LOL

And fat Freddie's cat.

I think I got Yifang registered at least now. I was able to get her and Ke Yu a UID number....so that part's done. and I signed her up for premium delivery to her mom's house for the docs.

And I'm clearing my own kitchen table top off now for future doin's... :eyebrow:

I think I might be set, buddy...

• Do I register separately for Yifang and Ke Yu? They each had their own I-130 and NVC case number, so I'm assuming the answer is yes.

I have only ever used the web site for non-immigrant visa but there is a section where you add family members so I might just do your wife first and only set up Ke Yu if needed

• No CITIC bank is within ...oh...looks like 600-700 miles of Yifang. Shoot...they don't even seem to have locations anywhere in Hunan at all. So do we select a location in Guangzhou or something? It's not a big deal for her to hop on a train to go to another city, but

You first need to get a number at CGI which you use at CITC whhich gives you a receipt number you need to enter. With the time difference, we were able to do this within a few hours talking with one of my wife's cousins in Beijing (this being for her father). My suggestion is if your wife has a family member or friend who lives near a CITC have them do it for you and settle up on the cash later. The actual applicant does not need to appear.

• The registering itself....man...what a maze I seem to get redirected from page to page...and never get registered. Yifang and Ke Yu speak very little English, and read none, so they can't do it. And if they ask me for help, I can't seem to get through it either. I read Doug's CGI steps...this seems to be for some documents that you need to send in if you get refused? I'm not clear on what these steps are for....

Can't help too much here but we did all of my father-in-laws non-immigrant visa online from the US so I would think you could do it for them but I have never done this for an immigrant visa.

Edited by Beachey (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Of that, I have no doubt!

:)

And Jeez...I didn't think anyone remembered Zap comix....I was partial to the Fabulous furry freak brothers... LOL

And fat Freddie's cat.

I think I got Yifang registered at least now. I was able to get her and Ke Yu a UID number....so that part's done. and I signed her up for premium delivery to her mom's house for the docs.

And I'm clearing my own kitchen table top off now for future doin's... :eyebrow:

I think I might be set, buddy...

Yep, I think you are getting things set up. Beachey is a smart guy, and a good guy, with our two China immigration lawyers" busy right now he was very nice to step up to the plate.

Zap Comix....oh man, I have a lot of early issues and my buddy at our little writers group just gave me 8 issues that have the Fabulous Freak Brothers, and one copy that is Freddy's Cat....hilarious stuff!!!

My favorite FFFB saying is the time Freddy or Phineas said when they were low on dope, and only had money for food, he sez..."It is always better to have dope, and no money...than it is to have money and no dope" Even clean and sober for a few moons I love that stuff . :rotfl: I may be off drugs now, but like I tell people. |that doesn't mean I became a preacher"

My brother was going to college at University of Maryland Dental school when he sent me my first copy of Zapp while I was in Nam. Lord God, we almost wore that copy out...it was one of the ones that was mainly Gilbert Sheldon's wild crazy imagination. Those Zapp Comix are outrageously hilarious...stoned or not. I wish our buddy Steve could read this stuff...he changed his name on his avatar to Mr. Natural. My favorite character is the guy Oat Willie that stands in a two wheeled oat cart in polka dot underwear. R. Crumb, Gilbert Sheldon and the other crazy writers should be in a hall of fame somewhere. Some of the best writers of our hippie age, I tells ya.

Keep on truckin with the visa stuff. You will soon be doing Zapp Comix things on the kitchen table, Freddie. :bathfun:

. . .

[*]The registering itself....man...what a maze I seem to get redirected from page to page...and never get registered. Yifang and Ke Yu speak very little English, and read none, so they can't do it. And if they ask me for help, I can't seem to get through it either. I read Doug's CGI steps...this seems to be for some documents that you need to send in if you get refused? I'm not clear on what these steps are for....

I guess what I am asking is if anyone has a good handle on how to unravel the CGI maze, I'm all ears! :) I know I need to get it done before the interview....

I think Doug's writeup, along with Beachey's assist there, pretty well covers it, but, yes, it was written from his own point of view, AFTER he had been through it all. You might read through the whole thing for the bits and pieces that you need, bit it DCGI) DOES seem to be a matter of BOTH clicking on the RIGHT buttons and NOT clicking on the WRONG buttons.

I'll see if I can't organize it a little better when I get back.

Thanks Randy! and thanks Beachey!

and thanks again, tsap!

I swear...some day I need to share a shot of bourbon with you guys!

I think I'm all set. I made a mistake on the Priority date...I had no idea what it was, so I put yesterday's date in. It turns out, it's the date of the NOA1...so I'll need to correct that.

BTW...just as an aside bit of info.... I just got off the phone with the NVC. I was checking the interview date because the process says that the interviews are scheduled by the Consulate in Guangzhou...and the CGI Stanley site sez we don't have one.

It turns out that the NVC schedules the interviews now at Guangzhou...not the consulate. This is why I got the letter from them, instead of the Consulate, and this is why I have an interview before my documents are actually there in China.

Just a tidbit of info for the guys going forward...

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks buddy!

I hope that you're settling in now with your lovely lady! Hopefully she hasn't put the foot down too hard! :bop:

I have my tickets now, so's I can stand uselessly by in the coffee shop while she's in there charming the consulate officers. :eyebrow:

Then hopefully she'll come out smiling, and I don't have to fear the wrath of the little woman because yours truly forgot something!

:vava:

Holy moley!
I just got an interview letter!! :happydance:
Yifang and Ke Yu's interviews are on December 9th at 9:00!!
How in the world?!?!? There is no way that the paperwork from the NVC is at the consulate in Guangzhou already! I just got a "Case complete" 2 days ago!
And the CEAC site says the petition is still at the NVC.

But I reckon the old adage...."Don't look a gift horse in the mouth"....
*Doing the Curley Shuffle*
Woop woop woop!

Gotta get plane tickets!!!

Congratulations on your success thus far. I noticed one of your previous comments said to watch the CEAC site AOS fee status for when it changes from paid to N/A as it may be an indication of case approval. Our case just changed this morning so fingers crossed that my wife will get her interview letter soon. You mentioned you received a letter. Did you get via US post office or email? Did you wife get a hard copy letter?
Edited by Randy W
Hopefully, I got it right - let me know (see edit history)

Can a mod clean up my post please. I am not able to do it from my mobile.

That's it. Thanks Randy. Incidentally, my company blocked Candle as a dangerous website infected with viruses and malware. I don't know if they have evidence of that, or whether it was blocked by an individual for other reasons.

Can a mod clean up my post please. I am not able to do it from my mobile.

That's it. Thanks Randy. Incidentally, my company blocked Candle as a dangerous website infected with viruses and malware. I don't know if they have evidence of that, or whether it was blocked by an individual for other reasons.

We don't allow html or javascript in posts, so I doubt that that's true - you can check at any number of sites such as this one - https://sitecheck.sucuri.net/results/candleforlove.com

. . . but your company may or may not be interested in hearing about it

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

Given our proximity to the invasion happening on the southern border there are quite a few who think political correctness supercedes the first amendment. They aren't interested in dissenting opinions much less truth. I never really suspected candle of being infected as I run state of the art protection always. Candle never once triggered a blip.

Hope to see wawsters reply about the letter method.

Edited by HotBaozi (see edit history)

Hi guys,

Hot Baozi, Thanks man! :)

I noticed the AOS status change on October 21st, and called the NVC. That's when I was told verbally that I had a "case complete". I received the letter in email from the NVC verifying this and informing me of the Interview date, on October 24th. Yifang received the same letter via email. Neither one of us received a hard copy letter in the mail..

Funnily enough, the email had this for a Subject... GUZ2015XXXXXX(STD P4 APP (15OCT2014))

I have no real idea why the date is October 15th. I had checked the CEAC site a good number of times, and only noticed the change in AOS status on the 21st. It could be I slept on it for a few days....but I don't think so. I was pretty diligent in checking. But if it's true that the case complete was October 15th, then it took about 9 days to get the letter.

Got my fingers crossed for ya, buddy! I'd cross my toes too, but every time I do that, I end up having a lot of trouble walking.... :D

Best of luck!

Warren