NVC...just an update...and a question...

Gotta love the NVC...

:)

Of course, by this time in the process, patience is a struggle. After paying the AOS fee and doing the DS-261...we wait, and wait....2 weeks...3 weeks...they lose your info...you give it to them again....and finally they allow you to pay them the IV fee.

That's all good. I mean, it really isn't very long, but when you're antsy to see your sweetie, and you can't just go, cos you have vacation limitations, so you gotta schedule it for the interview time, etc...etc....you get the drift.

Dang...where's the Cheetohs! :)

Anywho, now that I have the IV fee paid, and the DS-260 filled out for Yifang and my stepson, the process of them reviewing my paperwork can start. They quote 30 days for review (assuming all is well). Does anyone have a good handle on how long it really takes? the reason I ask, is that, if it truly takes 30 (ish) days, and then I can schedule the interview, then there's a shot at the interview being before the end of the year.

Vacation time comes into play here. if it looks as if we have a shot at an interview before the end of the year, I'll wait until then to see my honey. If not, I'll schedule it earlier (our wedding anniversary is at the end of November).

Anyone have a good idea of processing times these days?

Thanks guys!

Warren.

The review clock doesn't tick-tock at a normal pace, and won't begin ticking until ALL paper work and forms are submitted. Those include, but are not limited to:

1. Choice of agent (DS-261)

2. AOS and IV Fees

3. DS-260 online form

4. I-864 and supporting paperwork

5. Civil documents, including applicant birth certificate, divorce certificate, police certificate, passport style photo, marriage certificate, and other documents as appropriately noted in the website here:

You're best off to submit all the paperwork attachments in ONE package in ONE big fat email, but less than five (5) megabytes (MB) in size. That can be done if you save to PDF using Adobe Acrobat and then use the File | Save As | Optimize PDF option.

The NVC claims on their website that not sending everything in one single email will delay the processing. I did NOT do so, and therefore I have to wait a little longer.

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents.html

Edited by HotBaozi (see edit history)

Hey there HotBaozi,

I appreciate the info! :)

Yup...they have everything already...all the civil documents, forms, etc.

The last thing I had to do was to wait for the IV fee to actually say "Paid" ( That alone took a week after it was actually deducted from my bank account !) so I could fill out the online DS260's for my wife and stepson. The document package had already been at the NVC, and verified as received for over a week by that point.

The heck with cheetohs... I've found that bourbon increases patience.... :)

I don't know much about this process, but I'm hoping you get that interview by the end of the year! Heck I'm hoping you have her by your side by then!

Let's hope all goes smoothly, it seems that all we can do is send in everything we've got and sit back and wait.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

We have a Case Complete at the NVC! :happydance:

To add a bit of info, I had read at VisaJourney that a good indicator was the AOS fee status changing from "Paid" to N/A. Not 100% guaranteed, but an indicator that it's a good time to call the NVC.

I checked the CEAC site today, and my AOS payment status was changed to N/A. I called the NVC, and I had a case complete on Yifang and Ke Yu.

They told me that they take up to 28 days to mail out the documents to Guangzhou. They said that they don't email them...they snail-mail them.Then they'll sit in the "warehouse of limbo" until customs clears them. But then GUZ will be scheduling the interviews! I'm hoping that we can at least schedule the interview in early December sometime. If we can...the interview itself might be in January.

Yeah... I'm one of the paper mailers...LOL...don't ask. I got talked into it. But at least I got some info on how they proceed with the physical docs.

And we're finished with the processing at the NVC! One more step checked off!

:D

• Like 1

We have a Case Complete at the NVC! :happydance:

To add a bit of info, I had read at VisaJourney that a good indicator was the AOS fee status changing from "Paid" to N/A. Not 100% guaranteed, but an indicator that it's a good time to call the NVC.

I checked the CEAC site today, and my AOS payment status was changed to N/A. I called the NVC, and I had a case complete on Yifang and Ke Yu.

They told me that they take up to 28 days to mail out the documents to Guangzhou. They said that they don't email them...they snail-mail them.Then they'll sit in the "warehouse of limbo" until customs clears them. But then GUZ will be scheduling the interviews! I'm hoping that we can at least schedule the interview in early December sometime. If we can...the interview itself might be in January.

Yeah... I'm one of the paper mailers...LOL...don't ask. I got talked into it. But at least I got some info on how they proceed with the physical docs.

And we're finished with the processing at the NVC! One more step checked off!

:D

That sounds about right. I think mine took almost exactly one month to arrive in Guangzhou.

Good news! Congrats!

Well Bubba, you are well on yore way to blessed bliss. Good to see the news with NVC.

Now, hommie, who in the hell talked you into the snail mail route. Give us his name, I'll have a coupla of the boyz pay him a mid-night visit. LOL

*grinning at Tsap*

Make em an offer dey can't refuse, eh?

It was the Rapid Visa people. They have their stuff together for the most part, and I signed up with them in the beginning because I was scared witless and didn't know squat about this process. They have a great success rate, and they have an office in Guangzhou. They're still a lot more experienced in all this than me, but I've a got a better handle on things now. They like the paper route because they can control organizing all the forms, checking things over, etc.

I can't complain much...they've done things right for the most part. And they're pretty inexpensive, all told. I reckon I'm just impatient. I need to take a lesson from ol' Tsap...sit back, accept the lemons when they come and enjoy the lemonade. (with a splash of bourbon!) :rotfl:

Holy moley!

I just got an interview letter!! :happydance:

Yifang and Ke Yu's interviews are on December 9th at 9:00!!

How in the world?!?!? There is no way that the paperwork from the NVC is at the consulate in Guangzhou already! I just got a "Case complete" 2 days ago!

And the CEAC site says the petition is still at the NVC.

But I reckon the old adage...."Don't look a gift horse in the mouth"....

*Doing the Curley Shuffle*

Woop woop woop!

Gotta get plane tickets!!!

• Like 1

Well pop my suspenders and slap me silly, that is just GREAT news, Curly!! Good to see you will be able to go to the hot fetid air of Guangzhou and be there with your family for their interview. It is a memory filling experience, a must if you can make it at this special time in their, and your life.

I looked into my lil' crystal ball, opened a fortune cookie and it looks as if the stars will be in alignment for success on December 9, 2015....most importantly your family seems to have "lady luck" (which is what it is all about really with an interview) on their side. The fortune cookie was a quote from Moe..."Hey you guys, come here...spread out!!" While I don't know what that means in yore case, at least it's as funny as it was the first time I heard Moe bark that order to his fellow stoogies.

Keep your and the family's spirits up. Either way, they will get their visas...and soon, yes, you too, Curly, will unnerstand the meaning of brow beat husband, as the lil' lady arrives at POE, then your home, and starts the tedious task of gettin' your home up to snuff....her snuff, not your lowly standard. :rotfl: I say that in all fun, as I have loved every second of my life with the lil' rabbit and our son with the tall peroxided hair, the boy I proudly call, "Dr. Zhang, I presume".

Best of luck, Hommie...its gonna be alright

tsap seui