CCP - Visa Issued!

tmL

Hi everyone, just wanted to update everyone on our situation. My wife got her visa status changed to issued on 9/17/2015!

We started the application process on May 7, 2015 I believe (I handed in the materials in person in Guangzhou), and she went to Guangzhou for her interview on June 8, 2015. Since she is a CCP member she was told that further administrative processing was required. During our wait, we emailed the embassy once a month with a question about the process and also asking is there was any update (each time they just told us that further processing was required and that there was nothing else we needed to do but wait). Finally in early September they asked her to send her passport over to the Embassy, and on September 17 the status of the visa changed from "Administrative Processing" to "Issued!" Overall, this was right in line what we had heard on the forums here, about 3-4 months of administrative processing.

Right now we are waiting on the visa to be sent out. How long does it take after the status changes to "Issued" for the passport to be ready for pick up at the CITIC Bank? We bought our flight for October 6 thinking it would be more than enough time but now we are still waiting and the status online says "Passport has been received from the consular section and is currently being processed for delivery." We are afraid because the mid-autumn festival and national holiday are coming up that we won't get the passport back in time for her flight!

• Like 2

Looks like if you don't see it by Friday, your window of opportunity is 29th and 30th. Except it may have left the consulate by now so it is the holiday schedule of the pickup location that you care about.

I think the next online update will say "delivered". We got our "issued" on Sep 18. She will probably check at the bank on Friday regardless of the status.

Happy, happy!

After 3 phones calls to the CITIC Bank yesterday, they were able to track the package and told us that the package should be arriving today. We called again today and it has in fact arrived! We checked online and see that the status has not updated online, so I would encourage other people who need to get their visas as fast as possible to check with the bank that they put down for pick up to see if the package arrived (or when it arrives). We saw online that sometimes banks wait up to a week before calling or telling you that your package has arrived!

Thank you all for the help! I hope everyone else has as smooth a process as we did!

• 2 months later...