Crickets for nearly 4 months on I-751 petition

Submitted paperwork back in April for my wife's conditional green card, which expired in July.

Received the I-797 on 4/7/15.

Received the I-797C (Biometrics appt form) on 4/24/15.

She went to the appointment on 5/14/15 and did her biometrics.

Since then... crickets. When I check status on USCIS it, oh so helpfully, informs:

On April 7, 2015, we received your Form CRI-89, Petition to Remove Conditions of Permanent Resident Status Received, Receipt Number EAC1513251720, and sent you the receipt notice that describes how we will process your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your receipt notice by May 7, 2015, please call Customer Service at 1-800-375-5283. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Should it, minimally, reflect that she's done biometrics? Wondering what's up.

Related: She'll go to China for a visit in just over a month. I've read others here that've said to make an infopass appointment and have them put a stamp in her passport. Any advice on what to choose in making the infopass appointment? None of the choices align to that, and I don't want them to bounce her out for not having an appointment that aligns with the ask...

Thanks,

Charlie

Note the wording on the Notice of Action "Extension Letter" it says serves as evidence of lawful permanent residence for up to a year.

Removal of conditions can and sometimes does take up to a year to process, and if it does go a year, you can do two things.

• Infopass appointment for an I-551 stamp in passport to further show Lawful Permanent Resident status.
  • If intend on Citizenship, file the N-400 one year after you filed the I-751 (up to 90 days before third year of residency based on continuous marriage to a US Citizen). This has the effect of jumpstarting a stalled I-751.
  • 1 month later...

Made the wife an Infopass appointment to get an I-551 stamp in her passport.

The agent refused to give her one. Said... "You have a passport, you have an expired 2 year green-card and you have your I-751 letter. You have no need for an I-551 stamp."

So... that's all well and good, and I imagine that all the appropriate immigration folks on both sides have seen this situation enough times that THEY won't be an issue. But I still can't help but worry about when she goes to the airport in Wuhan to return home, and the Air China gate agent, who knows she's not allowed to board passengers without valid travel credentials, is handed a passport with an expired visa, an expired green card, and then a long formal letter written in a foreign language that's probably meaningless to hear...

Color me concerned. Wife's just pissed at me now, saying I'm stirring up trouble, because the USCIS agent said she has everything she needs...

Gonna be pissed when our travel gets screwed up and I have to schlep to the Consulate in GZ to get a freaking I-551 stamp THERE.

(Travel in a couple of weeks)