SerpentZA and Other Vloggers

Randy W

Here's a couple that look interesting. I'm trying to watch, but the network connection is very bad today, so I thought I'd post them while waiting.

Published on Mar 5, 2017
Can I be a plumber in China? I am a tattoo artists, can I move to China and start a business? I want to start a pizza place in China. Can I do that?
Winston and C-Milk have been asked this question hundreds of times, and today we decided to tackle the difficult question of what jobs are available to foreigners in China?
Most foreigners who come to China end up teaching English, of course, but it seems more and more westerners want to come check out China without teaching English. Many western people see China as a break from their boredom (which it absolutely can be), but uprooting your life back home and moving to China to start a business or pursue the same skill that you were practicing back home isn't the cakewalk you might think it is.
Enjoy our list of jobs you can and cannot do as a foreigner if you want to work in China.
We answer all of these questions and more in this video.

This one is less of a rant, and more about other foreigners in China, and more fact-based than his previous video - but still fairly emotional.

Published on Mar 3, 2017
There is a very interesting phenomenon in China, sensationalist news articles and web posts can overnight destroy an individual's reputation or skyrocket them to fame and fortune! This is a story of how one of my subscribers very unfairly had his reputation almost completely destroyed, but was able to fight back and claim the moral high ground! Also I meet up with the Jayoe Nation, another China vlogger out of Ningbo!
The JaYoe nation's channel:
Here are the articles mentioned in the video:
The Scumbag who killed his Chinese girlfriend:
The British man who was dismembered by his mistresses' accomplices:
The Beijinger Article:

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This one has some good video, and even some factual information toward the end, but doesn't really address the question. I've only come across two thieves in 7 years, both of whom ran. One guy bumped against my wallet a couple of times on the subway in Guangzhou - I noticed each time, but didn't figure out who ikt was until the third time. He ran off at the next stop. A lot of coverage from South Africa

This one is one of their best in a long time.

Vivi's English is good word-by-word, but her sentences can be hard to follow.

Published on Apr 3, 2017

Kickstarter for my new show, Conquering Northern China, We are almost there! Help us make this happen!:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...

The internet is a different world in China. Most sites are blocked, and that is a huge bummer for YouTubers like myself. However, one interesting thing it does is create an interesting internet ecosystem that is totally separate from the western world. This creates a weird language that is very different from the Chinese you will learn from books.

Today, Vivi and I look at some hilarious Chinese slang words, their origins, and how to use them. You wanna be cool, right?

Watch and see what my experience is here in China.

Stay tuned for 2 new videos every week.

• 4 weeks later...

Not an especially good one about VR in China, but also touches on fads/investments in China, a VR city (where VR is used for "everything", although they don't explain), and good visuals (a motorcycle visit to a Tea Mountain)

C-milk makes Forbes - but no mention of Mrs. Milk

A Viral Video Exposes The Hazards Of Making Friends In China

When I lived in China, I met aggressive English speakers who generously taught me big swathes of Chinese and who had plenty of local friends, some of whom became mine, as well. I also met some who talked “at” me just to suck my native language like a vampire, to use another Laowhy86 analogy. People from the south would check me (and one another) out longer than northerners before counting me as a friend, but a good honest beer was seldom too far off. And while hobbies would form bonds, cultural boundaries never totally melted away. Friends and I usually found the lingering boundaries interesting rather than disruptive. Figuring out cultural differences could become itself a hobby. But southern or northern, fellow hobbyist or otherwise, people in China will almost always see a foreigner as a foreigner, a factor that could change their interaction.