Where have all the Chinese ladies Gone?

Thomas Promise

http://video.popyard.com/cgi-mod/show.cgi?n=26932&r=&lan=cn&v=0

Who dares to eat "Pi Dan" ?

Edited by Randy W
embed video (see edit history)

People say the dark eggs are made from the metal lead, so it's not healthy. I'm trying to find what food is weird in America but I can't. I see many school children eat apples without washing them. Another strange is that I've seen some people are bare-footed wearing sandals in the snowy cold day.

People say the dark eggs are made from the metal lead, so it's not healthy. I'm trying to find what food is weird in America but I can't. I see many school children eat apples without washing them. Another strange is that I've seen some people are bare-footed wearing sandals in the snowy cold day.

Here is a list of 31 weird foods in America.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/michaelblackmon/bizarre-american-foods-that-shouldnt-exist#.lvLvWALBXE

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Happy New Year everyone!! May I ask you guys some language questions, Maybe your helping will make a good beginning of the coming year for everyone! Xiexie in advance!
Here are some quotations from Benjamin Franklin. Would you please make more sentences or context for the following sayings for me?
To Tom, Dennise:
(1) The cat in gloves catches no mice.
(2) A good lawyer, a bad neighbor.
To Greg and Mick:
(1) The king's cheese is half-wasted in parings, but no matter,'tis made of the people's milk.
(2) The poor have little, beggars none;the rich too much. Enough not one. ( what does "not one" mean?)
To Rawknee and Randy or whoever,
(1) He that lies down with dogs shall rise up with fleas.
(2) One good husband is worth two good wives, for the scarcer things are, the more they are valued. ( I understand the latter part of the sentence but why are husband and wife compared to quantity?)

I appreciate whoever explains the above sayings.

have a good New Year's Day

Catherine

A Cat catches no mice could mean: A pampered cat that is given handouts by their masters. Why work? Cat in this mode are the same as people. Why buy a cow if the milk is free.

An attorney for neighbor could mean your life is in chaos and mayhem. If you have have your attorney on phone speed dial your life is very insecure.

These are fairly obscure. I had to Google most of them. Some are Ben Franklin quotes.

(1) The cat in gloves catches no mice. - Don't "pussyfoot" around. Get directly to the point
(2) A good lawyer, a bad neighbor. - A lawyer might be more inclined to let you know or cause trouble if something is illegal.

(1) The king's cheese is half-wasted in parings, but no matter,'tis made of the people's milk. - Parings are when the cheese is sliced. The king is unconcerned about wasting the people's produce.
(2) The poor have little, beggars none;the rich too much. Enough not one. ( what does "not one" mean?) - Everyone has either too little, or too much No one (not one) has just the right amount.

(1) He that lies down with dogs shall rise up with fleas. - If you have bad friends, you may acquire some of their characteristics
(2) One good husband is worth two good wives, for the scarcer things are, the more they are valued. ( I understand the latter part of the sentence but why are husband and wife compared to quantity?) - There are (supposedly) twice as many good wives as good husbands.

Thank you Tom! Thank you Randy! This is the link I"ve got about the sayings.http://www.ushistory.org/franklin/quotable/singlehtml.htm

Now I'm learning to use the quotations after learning from you guys.

(1) I won't pamper my son anymore. I must let him fish himself because the cat in gloves catches no mice.

Or: I don't like coy people who cover their real intentions when dealing with certain things as the cat in gloves catches no mice. for example, "Come on, Randy, don't wear gloves. Let me know what you mean directly lol"

2) A good lawyer, a bad neighbor.
There're so many strangers coming in and out at my lawyer neighbor's house that I am nervous from time to time. It's just as the old wife's tale: a good lawyer, a bad neighbor. I must move away some day.

(1) The king's cheese is half-wasted in parings, but no matter,'tis made of the people's milk.

It pains me to see people taking material things for granted. Wasting is a sin because everything is a gift from God. The king's cheese is half-wasted in parings, but no matter,'tis made of the people's milk.
(2) The poor have little, beggars none;the rich too much. Enough not one.
In some country, people's financial situation goes to extremes. The poor have little, beggars none;the rich too much. Enough not one.

(1) He that lies down with dogs shall rise up with fleas.

She is a nice gal. All her friends are graceful, decent ladies as she doesn't want to have negative influence from bad people. He that lies down with dogs shall rise up with fleas.

(2) One good husband is worth two good wives, for the scarcer things are, the more they are valued.

I don't need two wives. One husband is enough because less is more!

Thank you everyone. I'm learning more from you guys.

have a good day!