Where have all the Chinese ladies Gone?

Thomas Promise

Thank you guys for your precious ideas. Not many of you know that I'm very quiet and careful in my real life. I can participate in our forum "actively" because it's a virtual world. In my real life I don't stay too close with people around me. Sometimes distance creates beauty.

Church situation can be complicated. I have to stay in consciousness.

have a great day everyone!!

Catherine

Thank you guys for your precious ideas. Not many of you know that I'm very quiet and careful in my real life. I can participate in our forum "actively" because it's a virtual world. In my real life I don't stay too close with people around me. Sometimes distance creates beauty.

Church situation can be complicated. I have to stay in consciousness.

have a great day everyone!!

Catherine

Yes, there are those who will try to use you... take advantage of your good heart and nature. In time you will surround yourself with those who love you and care for you. You will know who these true friends are. It is a process that all of us go through in life.

Keep the faith and don't discourage. :)

• Like 3

Catherine, trust your heart and follow your instincts. While you may step off the path from time to time, your heart truly knows the way. You are very intelligent and have a great sense of humor. We all love reading your posts.

We've had many Chinese women post on Candle. They have been much enjoyed and encouraged with their new lives. Just because some no longer post here, just like their American men who asked questions about the immigration process and moved on, they, too, have gotten a good start and moved on with their lives. No foul by anyone, just life moving onward.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Tsap, Dennis, Mick, Larry, hello everyone! How is everyone doing?

We've shared a lot about Asian food that Americans feel funny, like chicken feet. I already know what food Americans don't like. Who can share something you like about Chinese food? I'll have some American colleague friends coming over next week. They already told me that they like me to cook Chinese food for them. But I'm afraid of cooking Chinese food now. Who, please, tell me what Chinese food is better?

Thanks, everyone!

good night!

Hello Tsap, Dennis, Mick, Larry, hello everyone! How is everyone doing?

We've shared a lot about Asian food that Americans feel funny, like chicken feet. I already know what food Americans don't like. Who can share something you like about Chinese food? I'll have some American colleague friends coming over next week. They already told me that they like me to cook Chinese food for them. But I'm afraid of cooking Chinese food now. Who, please, tell me what Chinese food is better?

Thanks, everyone!

good night!

Maybe play it safe and just stir fry mixed vegetables (onions, carrots, celery, cabbage) and lots of meat (chicken or beef) with ginger and garlic.

Ask your guest to bring a dish too. Be honest and tell them that you want to play it safe. :D

Edited by Dennis143 (see edit history)

xiexie Dennis, I won't cook chicken feet but how about chicken wing? the middle part of chicken wing? I like to cook the chicken wing with coca cola. I want to make a big dinner. Chinese salad is safe. My skill is to cut the cucumber very fine with my eyes closed. True, I don't look at the cutting board when cutting things, even thinner than shredded ones. I'll work out more ideas. I truly love to cook a nice dinner for my friends. hit the sack, now, too late,

wan an!!

Chicken wings should be fine regardless of how you cook it. It's something Americans eat also. Personally if I was one of your guests I would really appreciate something I've never had before. Everyone's eaten stir fry. Do avoid meats American's would think strange. Chicken feet, pig ears, pig uterus, tripe etc.

Some of my favorite Chinese foods are dumplings (fried or steamed), wonton soup, snow pea greens, shu mai, pretty much any kind of noodle, duck and black pepper beef. Have fun.

Carl

Some dishes that I like: fried cabbage, the long green bean cut very short (like 3-4 mm) with micro-shredded beef or pork, hot pot, the tomato and egg dish, any meat on a skewer/stick, shrimp -but we prefer it mostly peeled, any noodle dish - but I don't think you are a noodle cook, the cucumber or zucchini cooked in oil.

I like the cut chicken in a pan ... but I have to remember that Americans are not expecting chicken cut with the big knife and includes bones. We also are not expecting fish with bones very much so if you want to present chicken or fish with bones you might talk to them about it first, before you put it on the table.

I tend to agree with Carl and Greg about meat - I prefer the usual (American) leg, thigh, breast, or wing meat, either already separated from the bone (boneless), or still on the whole bone NOT chopped with the cleaver. Americans will usually separate bones at the joints

Having many minuscule bone parts mixed in with the meat just makes it more difficult to eat.

I make food look beautiful as well as easy to chew because we are not animals lol. Yes I understand that I should cut at the joints if I cook chicken legs or or wings. I won't cook the way how they look on the store counter. but even if I cut it neatly, there're still bone in the legs or the wings. Chinese people think the meat on the legs or wings taste better than the chicken breast. As a matter of fact, chicken breast is much cheaper than the muscled meat.

Hey! Who said hotpot is good? I like it but I never like to eat from one hotpot with several people together. It is better if each one has his own hotpot. Do you eat from one pot?

Thank you for so many good ideas! How about muer? the wooden fungus, which looks like wood ear? It's said the wood ears are good to clean our lung from. We usually fry the fungus with white cabbages. I'll upload some pictures for you guys later.

have a good day!

One fairly easy food my wife makes me is broccoli, peanuts, chopped onions, and chopped into small chunks chicken breast. She stir fries it, I throw some rice on top, and I am in hog heaven. Then again, I am a hawg, and I have been in heaven since I met lil' Wenyan....there is a slight possibility it ain't all about the great food she cooks.

Another favorite of mine is these really thin sliced potatoes Wenyan slices and then fries...add in a can of Luck's pinto beans (no other brand will measure up to Luck's, for a southern boy), and with some homegrown tomatoes and Vadelia (sweet) onions, a country boy has a feast fit for a dadgum KING.

Really, it is hard to not make a hit with just about anything that is Chinese food. Good luck, Chef.

• Like 1

If your guests eat spicy food, sichuan food is very popular.

mopo dofu is good, I make mine with lots of ground pork and sichuan peppers.

fish in spicy oil .. I forget chinese name is good always if they eat fish.

Sometimes instead of whole fish I use fish fillet from costco, that way american can easily eat.

spicy fried chicken is great, and very american-ish. you know where chicken is cut in pieces, breaded in some kind of flour.. or mia fen, then boiled in oil with spicy peppers and hua fen kernels .. I don't know the name but its good, and since American are used to chicken nuggets, it is familiar to them, only spicy.

If you want to make hot pot, without share the pot, you can make it and put spoon with slots in it.

That way people just scoop out what they want to their own plate.

si ji dou - green beans with garlic stir fry is good, sometimes i add wood-ear mushroom to this

my wife makes zhon zi (sp?) - sweet rice wrapped around meat, then all wrapped in bamboo leaf . these are easy to make ahead, and each american can have their own.

dumpling is always good.

That is all my favorites Catherine, good luck!

lol Cre, your wife must be from the south of China. She trained you to enjoy spicy food. A few days ago a Chinese lady gave me a spray of hot pepper for protection. From curiosity I pressed the top to my floor. As a result we coughed and laughed, laughed and coughed.

Broccoli, onion, mushrooms will play safe as Tsap says. Gosh, haven't seen you for a long time. Southern Bella, Sue, is greeting Mr. Rawknee!!

I think I'll play with chicken breast, called Guo Baorou,instead of chicken wings. There is no bones in the breast meat. hey, who says Americans don't like bones? They like steak and ribs baked in oven!

One more question. In China there is a small cup beneath the "Fan" above the burners. The small cup is to suck in the fume oil from cooking. I don't like to fry my rooms with smog but I want to know in America where is the fume gone with the American sucking guy? I can't see any containers above my burners.

Edited by Catherineli (see edit history)