Getting Around and Finding Hotels Near the New Consulate

Randy W

Some Pictures of the New Consulate

The New Consulate of the United States in Guangzhou is located in Zhujiang New Town, along Huaxia Road, Zhujiang New Town, (near Exit B1 of the Zhujiang New Town subway station, Line 3 and Line 5), across from the Flowers City Square.

This area is highlighted by the small blue oval roughly in the center of this map

gallery_1846_718_868802.jpg

The Flowers City Square is outlined by the red highlighting, the consulate compound by the blue highlighting to the lower left of the Flowers City Square, and the "Great Hall", where most (if not all) of their business with the public (visas and ACS) is conducted is highlighted in green in the northeast corner of the consulate compound (click on the image to see a larger version).

gallery_1846_718_99873.jpg

Travelocity returns a total of 50 hotels in the vicinity of the Flowers City Square - you can use this information with other travel agents or web sites such as ctrip if you wish to shop around for more hotels or better prices.

From Travelocity:

hotels near Flower City Square

map

The marker in this map for Flower City Square is actually off by a block, and points to the consulate itself, rather than the Square.

gallery_1846_718_974174.jpg

To expand the search a little bit, Travelocity returns 144 hotels in the vicinity of Taikoo Hui

hotels near Taikoo Hui

map

This map shows several coffee shops near the consulate, including the Delinong America Qiaokeli & Coffee Chain Store, which just barely made it onto the map to the left (west) of the Starbucks on the west side of the consulate. The Xingchen Building, which houses the Yang's Apts., and the SPR Coffee, also houses the Gai'er'si Coffee Shop. There is a Subway Sandwiches (now closed) near the Delinong America Qiaokeli & Coffee Chain Store.

The blue box on this map is the security plaza, while the cyan is the "Great Hall" consulate building, which you should see right in front of you when you exit the subway at B1.

gallery_1846_718_108913.jpg

As near as I can tell, the marker for SPR Coffee is in the Xingchen Building, which also houses the Yang's Apartments.

13724842886 172 Huasui Lu
Yang's - http://www.yangjiahua.com/contact info - http://www.yangjiahua.com/en/images/pre.jpg
Hotel Guangzhou Damei Apartment, No.905 Xingchen Building No.172 Huasui Road Zhujiang New Town, Guangzhou, cn-510623, China

This appears to be the Yang's apartments on elong.net - http://hotel.elong.net/guangzhou/02001817/#iTop

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)
  • 2 weeks later...

This map highlights the subway routes, and shows the airport, Guangzhou and Guangzhou East Railway stations, and the Guangzhou South (high speed) railway station.

The subway Line 3 has two branches, one heading north to the airport.

The APM is an Automated People Mover - a driverless, 2-car mini subway, stopping at several points under the Flower City Square, but not useful for getting to or from the consulate.

The original consulate location was on Shamian Island. The old consulate was near the Guangzhou East railway station.

Shamian Island is separated from Guangzhou by a little moat that looks more like something toxic that you wouldn't want to step in than something you might consider swimming in.

gallery_1846_718_213519.jpg

• 6 months later...

My fiance's review of a rental near the new consulate. I invite others to add details for other hotels, rooms that are definitely in the new consulate area.

She lives in Beijing and loved this place. I think it is an apt in a building, she was on the 10th floor, the "manager" was on the 5th floor. I think we would call it a "kitchenette".

Hotel's name:
Guangzhou Yi Rui hotel (Berlin area). 广州怡蕊酒店式公寓铂林店

Address:
501. Building A. Berlin international apartment. No.16 Hua cheng street. Pearl River New Town area. Guangzhou.
广州珠江新城花城大道16号铂林国际公寓A座501房五羊邨B出口

Phone number:
139-0306-2568

Comments:
the price is good for this area, one night is around $35. I bought this from a Chinese website ( qunaer). So it is little cheaper than the hotel's original price. I was not sure about this hotel.. But when I went there, I definitely thought this was a great place to finish my interview.
1. The manager is nice and kind, he picks up at his phone at anytime to help my problems.
2. Wifi is good.. At least I can do face time.
3. They cleaned house everyday.
4. My room was quiet and was comfortable for resting.
5. Shower is pretty good (24 hours available).
6. It is near downtown and near subway. So convenient traffic. 10 minutes from consulate.
7. The room is new but not 100% new. But it is good for the price I think. Re-decorated in 2015.
8. AC is good.
9. 216 yuan/day ~$35

Edited by Randy W
merged into existing topic (see edit history)
  • 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

After recently finishing our interview (04-05-2016), I thought I would provide a suggestion for a Hotel in the area.

When we stayed in Guangzhou, we stayed at the Bolin International Apartments.

地址:广州天河区珠江新城花城大道16号铂林国际公寓(或者是:名门大廈建设银行)

Bolin International Apartment

Address: 16 Huacheng Ave, Tianhe, Guangzhou, Guangdong, China

The accomodations were nice, clean, and comfortable. The nightly expense was approximately 150元 and the walk to the consulate only took 10 minutes at best.

Right outside of the Hotel front door are 2 restaurants that serve delicious food (I cannot remember their names to save my life, and to satisfy your western taste buds, there is an Irish Pub located around the corner (McCawley's Irish Bar)

The Route in Red is the path I took to go to the Consulate as it allowed me to get a cup of coffee as I waited outside for her.

gallery_71700_761_124693.png

Edited by ChrisandZhiJia (see edit history)