Vaccinations Before the Medical Exam?

Hi All - getting a little ahead of myself, but like many in China, my husband did get vaccinated however there are no records.

We understand that he'll have to get re-vaccinated (no prob), but are wondering if we should get it done before the medical exam (which we'll complete in Beijing) or just wait until the medical exam and get him started on the vaccinations.

From reading on the CFL, it looks like that is what one couple did in 2013 here in Beijing. Waited until the medical exam and the doc started (re)vaccinating the applicant. Once all the vaccinations were complete the completed medical exam records were released.

Does anyone know if that's still the way to go in 2015? Wait until the official medical exam to get re-vaccinated as required or get a jump on it beforehand?

Thanks a bunch! :-)

I dont see any issue getting them done before the medical, you should get a yellow international vaccination book the size of a passport, you would then bring that to the visa medical and the doctors there should transcribe that to the DOS medical vaccination forms.

I dont see any issue getting them done before the medical, you should get a yellow international vaccination book the size of a passport, you would then bring that to the visa medical and the doctors there should transcribe that to the DOS medical vaccination forms.

Thanks - that's what I was thinking. Are there any special hospitals in Beijing to get them? I mean that are on-par with what's expected for the medical exam records?

Thanks - that's what I was thinking. Are there any special hospitals in Beijing to get them? I mean that are on-par with what's expected for the medical exam records?

Probably the same center that does the visa medical in Beijing.

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/cn/Medical%20and%20Vaccination%20Instruction%202015%20MAY18-1.pdf

http://www.bjciq.gov.cn/

You can always handle both at the same time at the Beijing center once you have the interview notice.