Medical exam with interview the next day

Hi all. So my wife's interview is scheduled for Tuesday morning at 8:30 am. We live in Shenzhen and my thought was for us to go to Guangzhou on Monday to complete the medical exam. Now I'm wondering if we would have the results in time for the interview. I've read that if you get to the medical office first thing in the morning you can get the results the same day, but since we're travelling from Shenzhen I was wondering if we were to get there later in the day would it still be possible to get the results before the interview the next morning? Thanks!

Cutting it too close, why did you not plan to arrive in Guangzhou a couple days prior to interview?

Monday medical topic... http://candleforlove.com/forums/topic/47800-medical-exam-dont-schedule-for-monday/

Worse case the med center will not be able to provide the packet before interview, the interviewing officer will simply place the case into AP after interview until you turn in the medical results.

Sorry I meant to mention that the interview is on Tuesday June 9th, so that was kind of a hypothetical question. We still have plenty of time to get the medical exam done and go to the interview, I just wanted to know if it was possible to kill two birds with one stone so to speak and not make multiple trips as we have a newborn at home and it's not easy with my work schedule.

I have a few more questions to add. If my wife were to go for her medical exam on June 1st, would we be allowed to wait until the following week (Monday the 8th, the day before the interview) to pick up the results? Otherwise we would be making a lot of trips to Guangzhou and back.

Lastly, what documents will she be required to bring to the medical exam? The official instructions I found only say to bring 5 passport size photos, although I've read someone's post who says they now require 8 photos. I've also seen some older posts and instructions which say that other documents are needed, but I can't seem to nail down one version of instructions which have the same requirements.

Any advice is much appreciated, thanks.

Have your wife call the examination place. The process has been updated and it would be best to get instructions directly from one of the workers. She will have to visit their website and fill out/send a document to them via email.

Thanks for the advice. My wife only reaches an automated machine when she calls, can't get through to a real person so it's hard for us to ask detailed questions. The website says she'll need the email I received from the consulate stating that I was allowed to schedule an interview, but the problem is that Gmail put that email in my Spam folder and I didn't realize that the folder automatically deletes messages after 30 days, so I've contacted the embassy to see if they can send me another... I'm a bit worried about it because we are shooting to go on Monday the 1st.

I think they require 8 photographs now.

I know it's habit of Westerners to cut everything as close as possible and make things efficient, but you have to remember...you are in China and you abide by their processes and norms.

If you get there late on a Monday you are almost 100% guaranteed not to get it done by the next day. I went in the morning and they were even saying the next day pickup was ending in the morning. If you don't get there early enough you will be SOL especially on Mondays.

Just bring whatever the consulate says. I forget what my wife really brought with us, but I think it was only the email/communication from the consulate. The doctors and staff all are aware of protocols from the consulate so no worries on that end. Just show up with what the email/s say and battle through the lines. You'll be fine. God speed and good luck!