Last night Bing and I were going over some of the forms in her P-4 packette. There seems to be some conflicting info on fees. One of the forms she has is OF 171 I want to read it but I can't find it anywhere. I cant find it at USCIS or DOS. Anyone have a clue? It's not in the P-4 file at AAC

Carl,

Sorry to disappoint you, but I have found lots of references to the letter, but I am having troubles tracking down the actual letter.

"Appointment letter for immigrant visa applications (OF-171)"

It seems to be some kind of a checklist for your wife.

Here is a Dutch copy of the letter:

http://www.usadutch.com/of171.htm

The Chinese letter is likely similar, but I would imagine a few details have been changed as the letter appears to be location dependent.

OF-171

(Only the important parts are stated here)

Bring with you at the date of the medical appointment;

1. The appointment letter.

2. 4 Pictures of each person to immigrate (see instructions here).

3.  Passport valid 6 months beyond intended date of entry into the United States.

4. Birth certificate for each applicant.

5. Birth certificate for all unmarried minor children (not US citizens who will immigrate with you.

6. Court and Prison records, if applicable.

7. Military record if applicable.

8. Marriage certificate, if applicable.

9. Vaccination Records, if available.

10. The money for the fees .

11. Evidence of financial support (Form I-864) Less then 12 months old....!!!!

12. Divorce decree, or death Certificate of spouse, if applicable.

13. Optional form OF-230 II (sworn statement DO NOT SIGN IT NOW..!!!)

14. IRS-form 9003.

15. Money for the x-ray Fl. 87,50

16. Money for the doctor Fl. 220,--

17. Money for the visa $ 325,--

All documents not in English or Dutch must be accompanied by a sworn translation into English.

Bring all original documents with you for inspection by the consular officer.

The fee for the x-ray and the doctor  will have to be paid in cash and in Dutch guilder.

Note;

On my medical appointment date I did not have to pay the visa fee you will have to pay that on the interview appointment date.

Thats all I have been able to find too Clifford. It seems to be more of a K-3 form.

interview. At the time of your medical exam, please bring all the documents listed on Form OF-171, Appointment Letter for Immigrant Visa Applicants" (K3/K4 applicants ...

It says it is included in the package but in the whats new section it states that it's for K-3. It has Bing confused about the fee. She's scheptical that it really is only 830 RMB lol.

Guest Long_strider

Carl, Have Bing call Yuqing or email her. Yuqing can comfirm the amount and maybe answer other questions.

So Carl, you never did tell us what was Bing's response when you called her and told her about the interview date. Could you see her smiling from 8,000 miles away?

Mi

As far as I know, the OF-171 isn't a form so much as just the appointment letter. It should have the date and time of your interview along with details about what to bring with you to the interview.

Ok, I just double-checked, and yes, it is just the appointment letter. I don't think it gets included with the P4 as prepared by the medical staff. You need to definately pay the fee before the interview, and when my fiancee had her forms prepared by the medical staff, they wanted the payment receipt for inclusion in the P4 to go to GZ.

You're not going to find a copy of the OF-171 online that you can use, as they are different in every case (different names and dates). You might find templates or examples, though.

One other quick note, you need the OF-171 to get into your interview. The guards at GZ compare your original OF-171 to her passport to make sure the right person is coming to the interview.

Yes, the letter is in English.

I have it on pdf, but can't figure how to get it to show up here.

It's simply an invitation letter. The names and birthdays are listed on the bottom. Check those carefully as they have my wifes sons name wrong, and the birthday is not even close.

A seperate note, or it may have been on the letter states that they will not be admitted to the interview without this letter.

Carl,  Have Bing call Yuqing or email her.  Yuqing can comfirm the amount and maybe answer other questions.

So Carl, you never did tell us what was Bing's response when you called her and told her about the interview date.  Could you see her smiling from 8,000 miles away?

Mi

She is very happy but at the same time anxious about the interview and leaving her home. I'll have her call Yuqing.