Getting Driver's Permit

Vinny

Hey Everyone,

Been awhile since I posted anything. I think i posted this at one point. My Wife and I live in the State of South Carolina.

She has yet to get her Driver's Permit. Your pretty much disabled if you can't drive. The state does not offer the test in any other language except English and last I check, no interpreters. Anyone have any suggestions?

The two States that do offer the test in Chinese is right beside us. North Carolina and Georgia but I think you have to have residency in that state to qualify.

Thanks,

Vinny

Driving privileges are granted by states, so no you cannot apply for a permit in a neighboring state without residence in that state.

Suggestions:

• Study topics tagged Driving http://candleforlove.com/forums/tags/forums/Driving/
  • Use the Chinese handbooks from states that do offer them in Chinese as study guides.
  • Work on English comprehension for the written test. It is recommended to understand road signs.
  • Have a lot of patience, Chinese, even non drivers have different concepts about the rules of the road, and tend to be memorized when learning and sometimes loose the concept that a road test is not about what you remember, it is a demonstration of competence when handling a vehicle.