No One Can be Held Accountable!

Guest SloppyZhou_

Guest SloppyZhou_

K1 case filed in December, 2013. Case approved early May, 2014. Case arrived GZ, May 2014. No P3 ever issued. GZ repeatedly states they returned case to USCIS. Explanation. None. Directed to contact USCIS for explanation. Dozens of written and telephone contacts to USCIS state: "We don't have the case. Case is at the consulate. Contact them." Repeated contacts to NVC produce same result. Repeated contacts to the consulate achieve increasingly belligerent replies that include, "Do not contact us anymore. Your case was returned to USCIS, contact them.

Today, more than 491 days have elapsed since filing for K1. No interview was ever provided. No explanation was ever provided. Two senators and two members of congress have been unable to learn what happened to the case or why. Case still appears on the NVC website as:

Note, that daughter's number rolled off after her 21st birthday in 2014. Torture of American citizens at the hands of American immigration is permitted.

I did not think a K2 would get a number, the K2 is a derivative of the K1 which would get a GUZnumber. It does look like they held the petition until the potential K2 would age out.

Guest SloppyZhou_

I did not think a K2 would get a number, the K2 is a derivative of the K1 which would get a GUZnumber. It does look like they held the petition until the potential K2 would age out.

K2 is assigned a number which appears on the NVC ceac website. As mentioned, that K2 number rolled off a short time after her 21st birthday in October, 2014. Our case is unique, as my then fiance was NOT allowed the opportunity to interview. Our attorney states he's heard of approved cases being returned by consulates before interviews, but never handled one. To date, I have been unable to find a single instance which is publicly documented that shows an approved case that was returned by a consulate in GZ, or anywhere, that was returned to USCIS and denied an interview. That makes it even more difficult to learn what happened and why.

I will not let this go, no matter how much abuse the Consulate tries to lay upon us. I want to see heads roll and people charged according to this crime.

Edited by SloppyZhou_ (see edit history)

Due to the unique nature of this one I will place this in Ellis forum.

Marc was last active on this forum in May, 2011.

Ellis' Island

A special forum where Attorney Marc Ellis can post his writings on immigration issues. Please refrain from asking case specific questions.

Guest SloppyZhou_

Due to the unique nature of this one I will place this in Ellis forum.

Marc was last active on this forum in May, 2011.

Because he's my attorney, I know what he has to say about it. Which is:

1. GZ has a long history of rejecting K1 petitions where K2 is near age-out

2. Critical paperwork may have been lost or misplaced rendering the case unapproval primafacie.

3. It just doesn't make sense.

Asking questions like: How in the hell can they do that and get away with it? Produces attorney reply of: They have been doing it for years.

The poison pen was considered, but in cases of poison pen the beneficiary was provided the opportunity to interview.

Edited by SloppyZhou_ (see edit history)
Guest SloppyZhou_

Just received a reply from my congressional liaison. She said she spoke to her congressional contact at the NVC who corroborates that all paperwork is still at the US consulate in GZ China. They also see note that the consulate made an entry to our case in June 2014, that it would be returned to USCIS, but there is no explanation as to why. My liaison said they have opened an investigation at the consulate to seek explanation for this. Will it go anywhere? Not likely, but it's clear that someone at that consulate is a certified asshole who has engaged in criminal activity.

Just received a reply from my congressional liaison. She said she spoke to her congressional contact at the NVC who corroborates that all paperwork is still at the US consulate in GZ China. They also see note that the consulate made an entry to our case in June 2014, that it would be returned to USCIS, but there is no explanation as to why. My liaison said they have opened an investigation at the consulate to seek explanation for this. Will it go anywhere? Not likely, but it's clear that someone at that consulate is a certified asshole who has engaged in criminal activity.

I understand why you would feel nothing may come of this investigation, but I for one sure hope that something does come of it. This is an absolute outrage in my eyes and as Marc said, they have, indeed, been doing this for years. To hold the petition until the K2 ages out is deplorable. I am pretty much speechless and dumbfounded by the keyhole they have pulled you through. Please keep us posted as to your progress.

Guest SloppyZhou_

I understand why you would feel nothing may come of this investigation, but I for one sure hope that something does come of it. This is an absolute outrage in my eyes and as Marc said, they have, indeed, been doing this for years. To hold the petition until the K2 ages out is deplorable. I am pretty much speechless and dumbfounded by the keyhole they have pulled you through. Please keep us posted as to your progress.

Mick, I am always inspired by your posts. You are a man who endured great challenges that occurred during the early days of Candle, and are one of those who inspired and brought about some changes at the consulate in GZ. We all hear today that the immigration system is "broken." To me, that sounds like more cowbell in a time when people are suffering and being tortured in this life.

I recognize injustice when I see it, as many of us can. The injustices today have evolved into something that makes it even more impossible to get to the root or bottom, and find a human who can help. Today, no one knows. Some may care, but no one can do anything to help.

I lived and worked in China almost six years, and was ultimately abandoned there by my ex-wife. Within a few weeks of that abandonment, I was badly injured in a company sporting event that led to two difficult years of hospitalization and ten surgeries on three continents. Every surgery I entered alone and spent months in recovery alone. Yes, I did receive an occasional visit from a China colleague, but it was clear they were very sad for me and didn't know how to help. Everyone should remember that even though it's difficult to make sure they visit folks they know in the hospital. It makes a difference that cannot be seen, but is rendered within the mind of someone you think you can't help. They will always remember you for it.

After those two years of surgeries and recovery I managed to return to the US. I tried desperately to recover my marriage, but could not. The only choice offered was divorce. So, I filed, and granted it.

I mustered every last cent and bit of mental energy I could to start life again in the US. The hurdles presented me in hospitals and divorce pale in comparison to the cruelty and torture administered by the US immigration system at the hands of someone at the Guangzhou consulate. I'm not a violent man, but I have dreamed of the opportunity to invite that person to lunch. Then, after consuming it and following them outside to punch them squarely in the nose in hopes of permanently breaking it. That's it. Just one punch and walk away.

I, too, feel for you with this bullshit, Jesse. It is great to see the folks who get the quick and easy pass on their visas, but I've lived in the shit that the f'ing State Department hands out to MANY more folks than what you see posting on Candle. I wouldn't doubt that close to have of the folks run through each day have some sort of trouble, and I'm not talkin' about that CCP stuff (which is a given).

To recap just a portion of what they did to us, they gave us a blue slip (that they said there was no problem other than some routine checking that needed to be done and that it would take 2 or 3 months to complete). NO, It took the lying bastards 10 months to deny us. Then it took a freakin' year for them to send our paperwork in Guangzhou back to the states...they held our paperwork in Guangzhou for almost 13 months and They would never answer my simple requests of "have you sent our case back to the USCIS?" Seventy-five emails over a years period and they never answered a f'in' one of them...and I only asked them if they had sent the case to USCIS...not one word of rant or discourse on my part.

Folks that get easy visas will NEVER realize how easy they got off, and it wasn't because they had their stuff together and did anything right....it was ALL LUCK. :rotfl:

Good luck with the second attempt. Keep your sanity. There ain't a f'ing thing you or anybody else can do about it. The State Department has no oversight, and they hide behind those two most terroristic words known to mankind Homeland Security.

tsap seui

Guest SloppyZhou_

I, too, feel for you with this bullshit, Jesse. It is great to see the folks who get the quick and easy pass on their visas, but I've lived in the shit that the f'ing State Department hands out to MANY more folks than what you see posting on Candle. I wouldn't doubt that close to have of the folks run through each day have some sort of trouble, and I'm not talkin' about that CCP stuff (which is a given).

To recap just a portion of what they did to us, they gave us a blue slip (that they said there was no problem other than some routine checking that needed to be done and that it would take 2 or 3 months to complete). NO, It took the lying bastards 10 months to deny us. Then it took a freakin' year for them to send our paperwork in Guangzhou back to the states...they held our paperwork in Guangzhou for almost 13 months and They would never answer my simple requests of "have you sent our case back to the USCIS?" Seventy-five emails over a years period and they never answered a f'in' one of them...and I only asked them if they had sent the case to USCIS...not one word of rant or discourse on my part.

Folks that get easy visas will NEVER realize how easy they got off, and it wasn't because they had their stuff together and did anything right....it was ALL LUCK. :rotfl:

Good luck with the second attempt. Keep your sanity. There ain't a f'ing thing you or anybody else can do about it. The State Department has no oversight, and they hide behind those two most terroristic words known to mankind Homeland Security.

tsap seui

Hey Tsap,

I'm nearing the extent of my ability and energy. I had a decent job in Austin, which I thought would carry me through until the K1/K2 finished. But, the snag happened, and I had to find a lawyer to help. I must have talked to a dozen or more and each and every one said, forget the K1. File another K1, or go marry her. So, I asked, which is better? They all said, to marry nets you a better chance of a win.

So, I asked my company to please allow me to leave for a couple of weeks last October to go marry my fiance in China. I had already booked my ticket as my family was more important than whether or not they agreed. Upon my return after marriage, I was forced to resign. I stood tall as I have all along and continued. I then found a job in Houston. For the first time in my professional career I was fired in February this year. I now remain unemployed at 61 years of age. I am reaching the end of me strength. There is nothing left to draw from. Jobs are thin and I don't have the physical ability to run, or jump anymore.

I've not seen such an empty job market in my now over 30 year career. I'm running on fumes now.

It's the problem with unelected bureaucrats, many forget they are public servants and that they work for the citizens of the USA, they take sadistic pleasure in making people's lives hell, to them you are nothing but a case number.

• Like 2
Guest SloppyZhou_

It's the problem with unelected bureaucrats, many forget they are public servants and that they work for the citizens of the USA, they take sadistic pleasure in making people's lives hell, to them you are nothing but a case number.

Hey Dan,

I think it's deeper than that. It lay within our culture in a place that no one looks or cares. The few folks who have tried to bring problems of legal immigration to the limelight are met with folks and media who just don't give a shit. I mean, I know you know that, and Mick, and Tsap and the other old timers, but there is a rising trend to just tolerate torture because 'they' must have a reason to be torturing you.

It's bullshit, it's wrong, and it's George Orwell happening before our eyes. I don't know that it can be stopped, but I know it's wrong. Singing a couple of hymns with Peter, Paul and Mary, Bob Dylan or what have you just don't hit the public pulse. Who cares huh? Nobody cares. Well, not nobody, there may be a few who care, but it won't hit the 24-hour plane crash, republican vs progressive news cycle.

I miss my wife more than words can express. She is strong, and she is patient. I have evaporated. If I have to go back to China to be with her, I will. I know the life there. I know the pollution, the health care, the corruption, but I also know the kind people. A people who care a lot more than the empty hearted folks now occupying space in the US landscape.

I don't have much longer as my money is running out. There is no way to know whether even if I am lucky enough to get a job in the coming days, whether it will produce a visa for my wife. Surely, her daughter cannot come because of a jerkoff in Guangzhou, whose nose I would like to break. Hey GZ dudes, no worries, I will just punch once and only one person. The dude who caused this shit to happen.

Nevertheless I will go to be with her if needed. I know I can be sharp tongued and have alienated just about everyone, but, my bite is worse than my bark. Well, bark and bite are both bad, but I'm not a bone chewer.

• Like 1

tsap seui

Hey Tsap,

I'm nearing the extent of my ability and energy. I had a decent job in Austin, which I thought would carry me through until the K1/K2 finished. But, the snag happened, and I had to find a lawyer to help. I must have talked to a dozen or more and each and every one said, forget the K1. File another K1, or go marry her. So, I asked, which is better? They all said, to marry nets you a better chance of a win.

So, I asked my company to please allow me to leave for a couple of weeks last October to go marry my fiance in China. I had already booked my ticket as my family was more important than whether or not they agreed. Upon my return after marriage, I was forced to resign. I stood tall as I have all along and continued. I then found a job in Houston. For the first time in my professional career I was fired in February this year. I now remain unemployed at 61 years of age. I am reaching the end of me strength. There is nothing left to draw from. Jobs are thin and I don't have the physical ability to run, or jump anymore.

I've not seen such an empty job market in my now over 30 year career. I'm running on fumes now.

Damn buddy, that job stuff is truly sad. I am damned sorry to hear that. it is bad enough to get shit on by those lying bastards in the State Department, but a man's employment at age 61...whew...I feel for ya. That is probably the saddest thing I've ever heard on Candle.