Blue Slip (No Reason Given)

Thanks everyone for the wishes - I really appreciated all your help, and like you, I will try to do my best to give back to the new waves of people who are bedeviled by this process daily!

Update today:

Passport has been received from the consular section, and is currently being processed for delivery

• Like 1

I gotta say, it is really nice to see this debacle end for you two. It was just last week, 4 years ago that our almost 5 year struggle with "those disgusting people" finally ended. Life has been very good, but I can't help but feel the pain of others caught in the middle of the horrible inhumane black void that the State Department hands out to so many people.

I couldn't be happier to see this good news for you both.

tsap seui

Thanks TS - I thought your struggle was ongoing though? Or is that a separate case?

Today:

Your passport is ready for pickup.

No, ours is finished...back in July of 2011 we got the visas on the second try. At the first interview in July of 2007 my then girlfriend got a blue slip with no questions asked....put us into AR (additional review). I went the day after tht interview to try and find out what the problem was. The VO told me there was no problem, that they just needed to do more review, and in 2 or 3 months my girlfriend should have her visa.

Well, we waited 10 months on that AR. I called the DC number for the State Department every day....finally after 10 months, now May 2008 ...DENIED...no reason given..oh, right...did not show "a bona fide relationship".

We then waited 13 months for the consulate to send the case back to America to the USCIS. I sent emails to the consulate telling them, I am not arguing the case results, PLEASE just let me know if you have sent the case back to America??? No answer to what became 75 very simple non-confrontational emails, for 13 months. I came to realize that some questions, like "have you sent our case back to America?"...are just too complex for the consulate workers to figure out. :sweating_buckets:

Okay, they finally, in June of 2009, sent the case back to the USCIS...over 13 months after the interview...and in an unbelievable 3 days the USCIS doesn't even bother with sending me the letter with the reason for our denial, and ask for my subsequent rebuttal to the consulate's charges...no...they send me a letter saying they had gotten our denied case back from the consulate and after additional review found nothing wrong with it... marked it REAFFIRMED and sent right back to the consulate in hot muggly Guangzhou. Twenty three months of pure agony...over absolutely NOTHING!!!!!!

I had given up on anything from the consulate and in March 2009 had gone to China and married the girl (which killed the fiancee attempt)...figured I was going to move to China (and live in the home I had bought for her in early 2008) if I wanted to live with this girl. My wife went to her IR-1 interview in July 2011. The visa officer only asked our son if he liked his step father, he said "yes" and the VO said, "Okay, you both get the visas".

The American State Department workers in hot muggly Guangzhou will and do, fuck with people daily. Having been drug through their shithouse, seeing people like yourself attain success is just that much sweeter to me. I am very happy your trial has ended. :victory: I love to see others have success in Guangzhou.

tsap seui

Interesting - and happy to see that you won by living life well, as your signature says!

Update:

Visa is in our hands now.

1 issue - the visa says CR 1 on it, and we also got the CR1 letter. I know that if we arrive in September (we got married in August 2013), we *should* get the IR-1 instead of the CR-1. I'm wondering if this actually happens, though? The visa doesn't give our data of marriage on it - how would the officer know to give it to us?

Interesting - and happy to see that you won by living life well, as your signature says!

Update:

Visa is in our hands now.

1 issue - the visa says CR 1 on it, and we also got the CR1 letter. I know that if we arrive in September (we got married in August 2013), we *should* get the IR-1 instead of the CR-1. I'm wondering if this actually happens, though? The visa doesn't give our data of marriage on it - how would the officer know to give it to us?

Because you will SHOW him the marriage certificate at the POE and point out to him that you've been married LONGER than 2 years and deserve an IR-1.

Haha, yup. I think also smart to show some documentation from the GZ Consulate which shows the date, rather than just the Chinese marriage certificate!

Also, I think in the worst case, we can do this:

"If it comes as CR1, file I-90 with a fee waiver (USCIS error) to replace the card"

http://candleforlove.com/forums/topic/47247-enters-usa-after-2-year-wedding-anniversary-officer-still-isues-cr/?p=616770

http://candleforlove.com/forums/topic/46341-poe-procedures-for-an-ir-1-visa/?p=606882

More from VJ:

"My husband also arrived on a CR1 after our 2 year anniversary. We informed the CBP officer who looked at our wedding date on our marriage certificate and said he would make note of it in our file, but couldn't guarantee they would send the correct GC. Sure enough, we got the incorrect 2-year GC. By the time we were able to talk to the CBP officer at POE the passport had already been stamped with a CR1 stamp. But it doesn't really matter what stamp you receive (your passport stays with you), it depends what info travels in your immgration file from POE to USCIS, and whether or not USCIS pays attention to the change."

It seems like a dummy CBP officer can cause a lot of problems.

"Best to arrange any connections at POE with at least 3 hours available. 4 would be better. She just needs to let them, know the second wedding anniversary is passed, in case they don't notice. There's a possibility the wrong green card will come but you can get it corrected"

"File the I-90 but pay no fee. Indicate this is a USCIS mistake. Provide documentation of the marriage date and US entry date (passport stamp) and ask them to replace the card with the correct one."

"My wife got the corrected green card in about a month but it varies."

Edited by summerlove (see edit history)