Blue Slip (No Reason Given)

Hmm, something odd. I can't find a way to look at my document delivery address through the CGI Stanley login.

Mine looks completely different than the one Doug posted here: http://candleforlove.com/forums/topic/47406-preliminarily-approved-ccp-citic-cgi-stanley-uid-number-birth-cer/!

Looks like this right now:

Yes - Doug's wife's passport and visa have already been delivered, and his wife is in the U.S. It looks like you need to get started with CGIStanley. What happens when you go through the Dashboard screens, starting with Visa Information? Once you have entered everything else, it should allow you to enter a document delivery address.

If you encounter any problems, let us know.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

None of the big tile links lead anywhere. I click them and nothing happens. This is truly odd.

You need to enter your information - start with the "New Application" button. If THOSE buttons are not working, you will need to try a different computer

None of the big tile links lead anywhere. I click them and nothing happens. This is truly odd.

You need to enter your information - start with the "New Application" button. If THOSE buttons are not working, you will need to try a different computer

The "New Application" screen looks like this. You will need to enter your information here, including the Case ID before you can continue.

gallery_1846_737_370664.jpg

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

I think you'll find that rather than providing an error or help screen, buttons which are not yet active simply don't do anything - in some cases, they will tell you they ARE doing something and then just NOTHING.

It is NOT very well thought out.

Ok, I just basically created a new application, for "registration," and I now have a document delivery address.

The odd thing is that we did it before - selecting a document delivery address. But we did it again, and now it shows again in the system, I think. I now have the blue bar at the top again.

It's confusing, because we originally had the blue bar before the visa interview in Guangzhou, but it then disappeared afterwards.

One thing that's also confusing - in the appointment history tab, the Guangzhou interview says and has said for a long time "Scheduled," never "Completed" or anything like that.

After I submitted my spouse's passport to the expedited CITIC bank location in Shanghai this Wednesday, the online tracker at US Travel Docs now say that "your passport is being delivered to post." (ie it's on the way to Guangzhou, which the CITIC employee told me would take 3 days) So the system is updating properly.

Yes it looks good. That CGI website and the way they keep it up is terrible, at best. I think they are owned by one of Obama's buddies, so it doesn't have to work. I had issues with various things working and not working at times. I had super issues trying to log in, while in China too, as I recall.

Edited by Doug (see edit history)

Another status update: as of today, the status was changed to be:

"Your passport is still with the US Embassy/Consulate"

Thanks for the support guys. Yup, after P5 I didn't have any real doubt any longer. Just posting all the updates so that people who follow after will have an additional data point!

I agree about how bad government websites are. Just getting your IRS return transcripts is a huge nightmare. Took me about 100 tries to get it (literally).

With the recent security breaches, too, ironically, information becomes insecure AFTER a security clearance. Just Kafka-esque!

Hopefully soon now, this mes will be history for you guys Summerlove. Time only makes the success that much more sweeter. Nice to see your wait finally going to have a conclusion.

Well...................FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you very much State Department. Some well know for you to do the right thing takes time.

Now you are out of the devil's clutches.....you no longer need to breathe their foul, air and your lives are yours once again.

Always a good day when some can walk away from the buggerman. Enjoy your freedom. :victory: