Blue Slip (No Reason Given)

Still waiting, of course. Trying not to go crazy researching how to find immigration lawyers and how one would go about filing a writ of mandamus in the first place.

In life I always try to imagine a strict worse case scenario and then go from there. I suppose the worst case here would be having to do that, and not being denied, since the law is so obviously in our favor.

What is the WORST case for CCP administrative processing you guys have heard of? We've seen a lot of people stuck in limbo on this board over the years (and very unjustly so), but has that ever happened to someone whose only issue was CCP administrative processing? (Assuming, as warpedbored said, that no one has heard of any permanent denials because of this.)

Study topics tagged CCP Waiver http://candleforlove.com/forums/tags/forums/CCP%2BWaiver/

Tyipcal time frame 80 - 90 days, however there was one last year that took 180 days. http://candleforlove.com/forums/topic/47409-after-long-administrative-processing-now-they-want-her-passport/

Hang in there buddy. Things can and do happen where the process is very slow with this CCP stuff, but most of them come through in a timely (guessing 4-5 months). The wait can be a bad as you allow it to be in your mind. Stay calm, yes waiting is hard as hell, but you have the luxury with this sort of case that we've never seen one to get denied. Focus on that when the devil starts making you crazy in the head.

Good luck, think good thoughts of the future...you guys are going to be fine...no matter how long it takes. At least you know what the reason for the delay is, and Candle has seen many folks in your situation get their visas. :victory: This time will pass on, and soon you'll get the joyful news.

tsap seui

• Like 1

I'm currently in the CCP admin processing window for my wife's application as well. The problem we are now facing is that my wife was able to secure a job offer (we started looking early as we didn't think an offer would come so quickly) and they want her to start July 20th. We provided all of the CCP requested info on May 24th, so she could potentially miss out on an employment opportunity if not approved by then. I will be contacting our senator and/or congressman this week. I know they can't directly effect the outcome or push things faster, but hoping an inquiry from them will cause someone to look at our case quickly.

TS, thanks for the good wishes.

LG, yeah, it makes the job hunt very frustrating for me and my spouse as well.

In related news, the online status checker is showing an update. But I wonder if that update just means they answered my question by e-mail. Do other people experience that as well, that the status updates whenever they contact the GZ Consulate?

In related news, the online status checker is showing an update. But I wonder if that update just means they answered my question by e-mail. Do other people experience that as well, that the status updates whenever they contact the GZ Consulate?

We experienced the same thing, the status date updated immediately once we got an email reply from them.

• 3 weeks later...

At least it shows the case hasn't been completely thrown away, I suppose!

We experienced the same thing, the status date updated immediately once we got an email reply from them.

A lawyer told me that the recent Supreme Court decision does not preclude mandamus actions in cases where there has been a huge delay and there is simply no answer (the usual "stuck in administrative processing" crap).

Good point several topics tagged Writ Of Mandamus

http://candleforlove.com/forums/tags/forums/Writ%2Bof%2BMandamus/

A lawyer told me that the recent Supreme Court decision does not preclude mandamus actions in cases where there has been a huge delay and there is simply no answer (the usual "stuck in administrative processing" crap).

Good point several topics tagged Writ Of Mandamus

http://candleforlove.com/forums/tags/forums/Writ%2Bof%2BMandamus/

Interesting indeed.

My case status was recently updated as well. But as we have seen, that can happen many times still, before something concrete happens.

Edited by summerlove (see edit history)
  • 2 weeks later...

I think we got it.

I was scared out of my mind, because the e-mail began:

"Under the section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act, the Consulate General is unable to issue you an immigrant visa at this time. If you have already submitted your passport to the Consulate General, we will keep your passport with your file pending the issuance of your visa. Further consideration will be given to your visa application after you meet the following requirement(s):

根据移民国籍法案221(g)条款,本馆目前不能批准你的移民签证。如果你的护照已经提交至本馆,本馆将会保留你的护照及档案,直至签证批准。在你达到以下要求后,我们将对你的签证申请作进一步的考虑:

* Please submit the following documents and this letter through CGI’s designated agent CITIC Bank. For instructions on how to submit the required documents, please refer to the “Application Pending Further Action” page in the Immigrant Visa Section of http://ustraveldocs.com .
请通过CGI指定的中信银行提交以下材料及此信。关于提交材料的指引,请参照网站http://ustraveldocs.com 移民签证信息页面上需进一步处理的申请 "

But that actually means we will get it, once we submit the required documents, right?

Some thoughts/questions:

If my spouse enters the US after our 2 year anniversary, will we definitely get the IR-1, instead of the CR-1? We got married in August 2013. So it's not 2 years yet, but it will be if we enter the US in September and not earlier. If they give us the CR-1 instead of the IR-1 then by mistake, can we get that changed to the IR-1 without a hearing, as it would be a mere administrative mistake?

The letter said to only submit a new police report and new medical report if they would expire one month after we can give our passport (right?). But there's a bit of awkwardness around our timing. Our medical report expires mid-September. I only get back from a vacation to the US mid-August. We want to have at least a bit of room before the visa expires and when my spouse enters the US. (We don't want to enter the US on the last day the visa is valid - just in case there's flight delays due to weather and the like.) And I have to give 30 days notice to my employer, as required by Chinese labor law.

Is it possible for us to just get a new medical report and submit it so that we can get a visa that lasts longer?

I also just want to express my thanks to everyone on this board for all your help, support, advice, hand-holding and more throughout this process. I'll do my best to give back to this community as so many others have done.

In the end it was 98 days. Seems to be a magic number that comes up a lot here.

Edited by summerlove (see edit history)

Also/alternatively - is it possible for my spouse to first go to the US now in late July or early August, then come back to China to wrap things up at work for a few months? I suppose the difficulty would be having to stay in the US long enough to get issued the physical green card.

Has anyone else done this? Any problems with re-entry?