Blue Slip (No Reason Given)

My spouse got a blue slip in Guangzhou today. No reason for the denial was given, but it was likely due to the CCP issue. We provided a letter explaining the membership to them at the interview, and they didn't request any other documents.

The officer said it would be 4-8 weeks before they will contact us by e-mail.

It's confusing that some people with CCP get preliminary approval but some get a blue slip. There seems to be no rhyme or reason.

Edit: In my moody state I didn't say that obviously the letter said that the direct reason is Section 221(g) of the INA. But what I meant was that no further reason was given other than that, when the officer was asked why.

Sorry for this bad news.

What was their job?

Thanks, Doug. Your well-written guide has been extremely helpful to us, especially the part with your screenshot of the CCP further explanation form. Perhaps it will save us time that we gave them the form today, rather than having to CITIC it to them. I was really happy when I saw that your spouse and child were approved.

My spouse's job is attorney (for a company, not the government). Perhaps that had something to do with it, as well.

Sorry for this bad news.

What was their job?

Thanks, Doug. Your well-written guide has been extremely helpful to us, especially the part with your screenshot of the CCP further explanation form. Perhaps it will save us time that we gave them the form today, rather than having to CITIC it to them. I was really happy when I saw that your spouse and child were approved.

My spouse's job is attorney (for a company, not the government). Perhaps that had something to do with it, as well.

Thanks but Randy had a good letter guide I took advice from.

What kind of company or technology is at that company?

Was their plenty of evidence of relationship? I forget if you posted the interview questions and mood of the officer, & etc.

Sorry for this bad news.

What was their job?

Thanks but Randy had a good letter guide I took advice from.

What kind of company or technology is at that company?

Was their plenty of evidence of relationship? I forget if you posted the interview questions and mood of the officer, & etc.

It's a big multinational in food/consumer goods. Nothing sensitive.

Yep, the officer seemed satisfied by the evidence of relationship, as well as evidence of financial support. But I suppose we'll see what happens in 4-8 weeks.

The question were fairly standard, my spouse is telling me right now. How did you meet, where have you been in the US, stuff like that. It was going well until they asked about the CCP. My spouse hasn't paid membership fees in a while, and we have provided a letter stating my spouse's status and why we should be admissible.

As with everyone here, I guess we will see what happens. Sure enough, the online status tracker has already been updated to say that we are under administrative processing.

Edited by summerlove (see edit history)

So sorry to hear of this outcome at the initial interview. Be patient and persistent and once you know the reason(s) for the denial, you can take specific action to address the issue. Often there is no apparent rhyme or reason for what they do in GZ. But hang in there - whatever it is, it can be overcome.

So sorry to hear of this outcome at the initial interview. Be patient and persistent and once you know the reason(s) for the denial, you can take specific action to address the issue. Often there is no apparent rhyme or reason for what they do in GZ. But hang in there - whatever it is, it can be overcome.

Thanks. And I'm really grateful for the resource that is this board, and the time that you and the other moderators and administrators spend on this public service.

The law (the INA) and the facts are both on our side, and I will exhaust every appeal process if necessary, including hiring legal counsel. But first we'll see what happens in 4-8 weeks.

What does everyone here think will happen when we are contacted in 4-8 weeks?

Just means they need to do additional processing, it is not a complete refusal, they will contact you with any additional documentation or simply process through and contact you requesting the passport so they can affix the visa in it.

INA Section 221(g) - Incomplete Application or Supporting Documentation

What does a visa denial under INA section 221(g) mean?

A visa denial under section 221(g) of the INA means that the consular officer did not have all of the information required to determine if you are eligible to receive a visa. This means you are not eligible for the visa now, but your case is pending further action for one of the following reasons:

• Your application is incomplete and/or further documentation is required - Applicants whose application forms or other documentation are incomplete are refused. If further documents are required to complete your case, you will be informed what is needed and how to provide it to the embassy or consulate. You will also be given a letter stating your application has been denied under 221(g) and listing which documents you need to provide.
  • Administrative processing - Further administrative processing of your application is required before a decision can be made regarding your eligibility for a visa. You will be given a letter stating this and next-step instructions after the administrative processing is complete.

Is there something I can do about a refusal under section 221(g)?

If your application was denied because documentation or information is missing, you can provide the missing documents or information as soon as possible. After submitting the documentation, your visa application can then be processed to conclusion to determine whether you qualify for a visa. You have one year from the date you were refused a visa to submit the additional information. Otherwise, if you do not provide the required additional information within one year, you must reapply for the visa and pay another application fee.

If your application requires further administrative processing, this takes additional time after your interview. Processing times can vary based on individual circumstances. For more information, review Administrative Processing.

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/general/denials.html

Hang in there man, and keep your wife's spirits up too. It sucks, but it will pass, and it will only draw you two closer....trust me. Let's hope it is a simple CCP issue and that it gets a quick review and a visa.

tsap seui

CCP membership is an automatic denial. The VO has no choice. It's the law. They know joining the party is necessary for some employment so it's mostly a formality. I have yet to see a permanent denial for it. Just a bump in the road. Usually a 3-4 month delay.

• 3 weeks later...

I am the chinese applicant of K1 visa and I was interviewed on April 9,2015.I am a ccp member and was also asked about the membership there,but they didnt give me a blue paper,only a white paper saying additional education/emplyment/ccp membership statement,bascially asking for my ccp statement and resume,but as i had already prepared those and gave the consular office right in the interview,so they didnt ask me to handle in anything after the interview.Also the consular offficer said nothing about denial,that word just never come out of his mouth,he simply asked me to wait for 4 to 6 weeks,if no reply from them I shall contact them.I really dont think its a denial.as I got no oral or wrritten notice of that,NOT AT ALL!

But I am so curious about the waiting time they gave.mine is 4-6 weeks,but summerlove got 6-8weeks.How they decided the length of the waiting time?

I and my American fiance both being quite confident about the result,thinking we shall finally get the visa.

btw,I am being a police officer and had gone through gun shoot training,ave told the consulate all about these in the online DS160 form and my resume,but the consular officer didnt ask a single question about my job.

Hope all is well.

Usually CCP cases take 3-4 months. sometimes longer, When we use the term "denial" we mean a visa wasn't issued, it was denied at that time. As I mentioned above, I have yet to see a permanent denial from it. The length of time it takes can depend on what your job was. For instance a nuclear physicist doing research on weapons would probably take longer than a college professor teaching math. I vaguely remember one member whose spouse was a police officer. I don't recall it taking any longer than average.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Still waiting, of course. Trying not to go crazy researching how to find immigration lawyers and how one would go about filing a writ of mandamus in the first place.

In life I always try to imagine a strict worse case scenario and then go from there. I suppose the worst case here would be having to do that, and not being denied, since the law is so obviously in our favor.

What is the WORST case for CCP administrative processing you guys have heard of? We've seen a lot of people stuck in limbo on this board over the years (and very unjustly so), but has that ever happened to someone whose only issue was CCP administrative processing? (Assuming, as warpedbored said, that no one has heard of any permanent denials because of this.)

Edited by summerlove (see edit history)