from getting P3 to schedule the interview

I'm pretty sure this question was already disscussed here, but I couldn't find the answer

1)What shall I do after I returned my P3 to the consulate?

2)Do I receive P4 after I pay visa fee or before?

3)If I already paid visa fee, can I choose the date of interview or I should wait for P4?

4) does appointment confirmation that I got from ustraveldoc but not from consulate allow me to schedule my medical examination appointment?

5) Is it true that I should do my medical examination at least for 2 weeks prior to the interview?

A little more detail please.

Visa type, K-1 Fiancee or IR-1 Spouse? Process is somewhat different.

If IR-1 spouse, where was petition filed, at consulate or in the USA? Again processes are different.

1) "P3" is an online process either through NVC or at consulate, P3 is instructions on what documents will be needed for interview, the documents are either scanned and emailed or mailed to NVC or brought to the interview depending on Visa type, or where petition was filed.

2) Depending on visa type and where petition was filed.

• The visa fee will be paid either to NVC (CR-1 or IR-1) petition filed in the states,
  • Directly at consulate shortly before interview if CR-1 or IR-1) petition at USCIS
  • Or in China to CITIC Bank (K1)

3) Depends on Visa type,

• K-1 schedules interview after paying fee, they schedule on CGI site
  • CR-1 and IR-1 the consulate or NVC will set the interview date.

4) Interview confirmation allows you to do visa medical. Medical is done only at one of 4 approved sites.

5) Can be done as soon as you have an interview scheduled at the consulate.

A little more detail please.

Visa type, K-1 Fiancee or IR-1 Spouse? Process is somewhat different.

If IR-1 spouse, where was petition filed, at consulate or in the USA? Again processes are different.

1) "P3" is an online process either through NVC or at consulate, P3 is instructions on what documents will be needed for interview, the documents are either scanned and emailed or mailed to NVC or brought to the interview depending on Visa type, or where petition was filed.

2) Depending on visa type and where petition was filed.

• The visa fee will be paid either to NVC (CR-1 or IR-1) petition filed in the states,
  • Directly at consulate shortly before interview if CR-1 or IR-1) petition at USCIS
  • Or in China to CITIC Bank (K1)

3) Depends on Visa type,

• K-1 schedules interview after paying fee, they schedule on CGI site
  • CR-1 and IR-1 the consulate or NVC will set the interview date.

4) Interview confirmation allows you to do visa medical. Medical is done only at one of 4 approved sites.

5) Can be done as soon as you have an interview scheduled at the consulate.

Thank you for your answer!

I'm processing K1 visa.

I've got my P3 packet with information that they want me to mail two pictures 50x50, confirmation page of ds-160, the first page of my passport along with the notice that included these instructions.

I've paid fee through CITIC bank and scheduled the interview. But I'm confused whether I did right or not. I didn't get any other instructions that I'm aloud to schedule interview. Just got the confirmation from this CGI site.

Do I understand correct that with the confirmation page from CGI I can do medical?

One note about the medical, vaccinations record is needed later in the states, have the med center seal the DS-3025 vaccination record in a separate envelope, to be brought to the USA filed when you adjust status after marriage.

The medical center will have the various forms needed including the DS-3025, You can download one here: DS-3025

Medical center locations and information: http://www.ustraveldocs.com/cn/MedicalRequirements.pdf

Additional medical forms: DS-2053 Again the medical center will have these forms.

• Like 1

We DCF'ed for a CR1, is the medical packet going to include the vaccination record or should we ask for a second copy or something to have in our files for lifein the US?

Medical packet will contain vaccination record, make sure they include it in the package you turn in at the consulate. And no you will not need it separate, only a K-1/K-2 case would need it separate for when they adjust status after marriage in the states.

You can request a Yellow vaccination book which is handy later in the states for places that require a vaccination record, like college.

http://i949.photobucket.com/albums/ad334/dnoblett/Immigration%20Stuff/YellowBook.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi kattaklizm. Did you happen to get a "no appointments available..." message when you tried to schedule the interview on ustraveldocs after paying the fee? That's where we are right now.

Hi, I've heard that this problem not only in China with appointments. I guess you should wait till Monday (maybe) Tuesday it's the time when the new scheduele will be uploaded. ope you can pick the date today!

One note about the medical, vaccinations record is needed later in the states, have the med center seal the DS-3025 vaccination record in a separate envelope, to be brought to the USA filed when you adjust status after marriage.

Dan, Hi

Sorry for the question but did I get it right that I just need to ask for extra seal copy of the DS-3025 and ask them for, how they call it, "yellow book".

Dan, Hi

Sorry for the question but did I get it right that I just need to ask for extra seal copy of the DS-3025 and ask them for, how they call it, "yellow book".

For s K-visa tell the medical center you need the vaccination DS-3025 form sealed in a separate envelope for use later in the states, they should also provide a yellow book the size of s passport for you to have as further record of vaccinations, however the yellow book is not acceptable for USCIS the DS form is.