10 year green card time

Eeeek I mailed it off about a week after the 15th. When should I start to get worried?

I would wait a couple more weeks, if nothing shows in the mail, schedule an infopass appointment at your field office to find out what is happening, they should put an I-551 stamp in passports to show residency status.

Should also get biometric letters sometime around a month or so after filing,

OK, I got the whole packet back in the mail because we forgot to sign it. The package came from Laguna, California. Should I send it back to Vermont or to the California Address?

Bubba

What did the attached letter say? Typically the RFE notice tells you where.
  • 2 weeks later...

Received our Notice of action letter today. How long does it take for the next letter to show up for the biometrics?

Bubba

A couple weeks to s month or so.
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Well it's been over a month since we did the biometerics and still no green cards. We moved a week ago and have done a change of address with the post office. Normally how long does it take to get the green card after the biometerics?

Bubba

It depends if USCIS adjudicates to approve without an interview, or they can schedule an interview after which a 10 year card is issued. I have seen a few months, up to and sometimes beyond a year for removal of conditions.

If for some reason they have not approved this at a year of filing the I-751, if your spouse wishes to become a Citizen she can file the N-400 at 3 years of residency, and if the I-751 is still in process, this has the effect of getting them to move on the I-751

One more note when you move you need to file two different things:

AR-11 for wife and stepchildren

I-865 to show you also changing address.