Becky Sue needs your opinions

Catherineli

Hi All,
(1) I’ve heard that there is an organization in America who needs Chinese women go to some wealthy families to be their "Butler", not baby sitter, not to cook or clean but help to manage their family daily life. The organization requires women with mandarin Chinese and well-educated background. Women who are above fifty years old are very much preferred. I also heard the basic salary per month is over seven thousand dollars. I wonder who has also heard of such a butler job like a family manager?
(2) My second question is if I may bring some "wine candy" with me on the plane? It's wine wrapped with chocolate. Here is the picture I took. Thanks in advance! everyone

gallery_71146_723_521182.jpg

• Like 1

Well, hello Becky Sue. If you find this seven thousand-plus- dollar per month job, please let us know how to get a job there. No I haven't heard of it, not that it isn't out there, it's just that I and others here on Candle haven't heard about it, thus with all of our wives working as a Chinese butler/maid for that princely....er ah....queenly sum of loot per month.

You should be fine with that thar wine candy. Good luck on your trip.

Rawknee

Edited by tsap seui (see edit history)

Thank you Rawknee! I'll certainly report job resources later to reward Candle who brings bright to me!

Yajie, I have seen SEVERAL TV specials of Chinese women living in New York that were nannies to rich peoples children. They want Chinese nannies because they want them to teach Mandarin to their children so that they will know english and Mandarin. According to the VT programs that I have seen the pay ranges $100,000 to $110,000 depending on experience. Which you certainly should qualify for. Of course that is a live in job which I would think that would be great as you would not have to the very expensive pay rent there. That is the purpose for living in the home with them. I am sure that you would be free to do what every you would like to on the weekends according to the shows that I have seen except on perhaps special occasions.

I know that is not exactly what you ask for but I have never see anything concerning being a butler type of person on TV for Chinese people. For this nanny job there are employment agencies that you have to go through to get these jobs. Of course New York would be a long way from your son. In the programs that I have seen these Chinese ladies meet in certain parks around the city so that they can chat and catch up on all the latest gossip from China.

We had a guy on here a long time ago that was in the military, Nathan, was his real name, I don't remember his posting name. Some of the others might. He and his Chinese wife, as is usual at first cultural issues for the most part, were not getting along well. The best that I can remember they were living in Hawaii at the time. She left and went to New York and got one of these nanny jobs. He went after her and persuaded her to come back home. He said that he was writing a book about all of his experience with dating, immigration and being married to a Chinese woman. I don't know if he ever did. Some folks here did not agree with his advice or philosophy so he just left and has not been back in a long time. Some folks here did indeed like him and agree with what he posted. That is just life some folks are going to get along and some are not.

Larry

What Larry said is what I've heard of. I only love the salary offered lol. Seven thousand is the least sum. but in my present Chinese mind, I don't think I like to be a paid nanny. Only for friendship, I can be a nanny doing anything. Who knows what is God's will?

Family manager or "butle" is what I was told to do the nanny job. People are avoiding the term "nanny".

Hey, Rawknee, you want me to lit ya know how to git such a job. This is the news I'm passing ya now. LOL Do you like Wenyan go to New York to make $110,000 for you while you stay home speaking southern English? How to git such a job? You drove Wenyan to New York and put her to a rich family and say byeeeeee, see! so easy! hahahahaha

Sorry, I tease you again!

Edited by Catherineli (see edit history)

Yajie, I have seen SEVERAL TV specials of Chinese women living in New York that were nannies to rich peoples children. They want Chinese nannies because they want them to teach Mandarin to their children so that they will know english and Mandarin. According to the VT programs that I have seen the pay ranges $100,000 to $110,000 depending on experience. Which you certainly should qualify for. Of course that is a live in job which I would think that would be great as you would not have to the very expensive pay rent there. That is the purpose for living in the home with them. I am sure that you would be free to do what every you would like to on the weekends according to the shows that I have seen except on perhaps special occasions.

I know that is not exactly what you ask for but I have never see anything concerning being a butler type of person on TV for Chinese people. For this nanny job there are employment agencies that you have to go through to get these jobs. Of course New York would be a long way from your son. In the programs that I have seen these Chinese ladies meet in certain parks around the city so that they can chat and catch up on all the latest gossip from China.

We had a guy on here a long time ago that was in the military, Nathan, was his real name, I don't remember his posting name. Some of the others might. He and his Chinese wife, as is usual at first cultural issues for the most part, were not getting along well. The best that I can remember they were living in Hawaii at the time. She left and went to New York and got one of these nanny jobs. He went after her and persuaded her to come back home. He said that he was writing a book about all of his experience with dating, immigration and being married to a Chinese woman. I don't know if he ever did. Some folks here did not agree with his advice or philosophy so he just left and has not been back in a long time. Some folks here did indeed like him and agree with what he posted. That is just life some folks are going to get along and some are not.

Larry

I think his user id was 'a mafan' a headache husband :)

I have not kept in touch with him, but its possible a message sent to his contact name will end up in his email.

I thought he was very deep thinker, and intelligent, but didn't always get along with everyone else.

• Like 1

So Peggy Sue, I mean Becker er ah Cathy.... Well anyway, yes A Mafan. We kind of had a lot in common for awhile, heheee. I would imagine if you had a husband that is agreeable to it, that some arrangement could be made. I get a free car with my job, but it makes me nervous these days and not what I want, and really want a free house, but not with this company. Too bad not born in China. Oh well. But actually I just want all of my own and be retired.

Here in the old money section of Fort Worth, TX they have nannies. I dated one once. She had plenty of freedom, but it was not Chinese.

Ronny there has plenty of big time wealthy people in PA. I think no problem for him and his...

This sounds like one of the proverbial "if it sounds too good to be true it probably isn't" or possibly one lucky woman fell into such a position and word got out that these jobs are easy to get.

Hello, I know that you are asking about a butler job. I don't think the mainstream Americans have been exposed to "butlers". But I think there may/must be agencies out there that deal with that type of job. I did find an article ( and old one from 2006) about Mandarin speaking nannies and auperes. Here is a link to it:

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/09/05/us/05aupair.html

If one does find offers of that type of job in the US I would think it would be very nice but I also be very cautious about accepting it. I would make sure that it is a legitimate offer from a legitimate employer. I would also make sure to know what was expected of me. Also i would make sure that I have legitimate working paper. If everything was on the up and up it may be a dream job.

The only Bulter that I know about is Alfred from Batman and Arthur played by Dudley Moore in the movie with the same name. Arthur is a old movie but it was funny. Maybe you could find it on the internet. It may just me but a bulter is normally found in England. Sorry that is just a movie land stereotype. I used to watch too much TV. :happydance: If you find that type of job that would be great but just be careful about the working condition and expectation. Danb

Thank you Danb! I've heard of the term Butler from "The Sound of Music". I just know if there were such jobs of big money, it would have been hot long time ago. Yea, safety is the priority in any circumstances. I also agree with Warpedbored that money never grows on trees. Good luck to everyone!

• Like 1

http://www.forbes.com/sites/susanadams/2013/04/04/confessions-of-the-best-nanny-in-the-world/

What can you tell me about your compensation?

My salary went from $40,000 a year to $80,000 after I trained at the butler academy. When I worked for Leon Hirsch, who was the CEO of U.S. Surgical, in Connecticut, he provided me with a five-bedroom house of my own with a vehicle. He had three girls, and my role with them was teaching them etiquette and social skills. I didn’t do any work in the home. I didn’t make a bed or do a piece of laundry. Every night we had a silver service dinner, and I would teach the girls how to behave.

I’ve had salaries in excess of $100,000 and bonuses in excess of $30,000.

Edit to add: They are out there and some are making it. I would not think, like the article says, that you are going to jump right into one of these jobs but if you are as adventurous as most of Chinese people are and with the education that Yajis has I don't see any reason that she could get not eventually get one of these jobs in say 3-4 years of good experience. Maybe not the first time out but after building up a good reputation and with good references it is certainly possible. The TV show, (20/20) the best that I can remember, said that it was not uncommon for these nannies to make that much money. I would be most certain that the average person in NYC would not pay this kind of money. More like $500-800 a week perhaps with live in privileges. Of course with any job an employer would want to know a lot about who they are hiring to take care of their little porch monkeys and the same of the person seeking the job should like wise check into the employer perhaps with a nanny that had worked for them in the past.

Anyway, I don't think that Yajie is interested in this kind of work and it would be a long way from where her son is.

Edited by amberjack1234 (see edit history)

Thank you Larry, I read every word of the page you offered. I don't think I can be a nanny as an "extention mom" as I need a nanny too to take care of myself. Fortunately I've got a bunch of nannies, free, brightened with Candle Light! I'm grateful to all of my unmet nannies! Thank you for taking the time posting for me!!!!!

Great articles!!! Thanks for digging them out!

When I'm reading this job about Au Pair, my heart thumps.

Everyone, please keep finding more job opportunities for Chinese women in the US!!

Thank you Danb! I've heard of the term Butler from "The Sound of Music". I just know if there were such jobs of big money, it would have been hot long time ago. Yea, safety is the priority in any circumstances. I also agree with Warpedbored that money never grows on trees. Good luck to everyone!

So, you watched it? I guess so.. . :)

There has always been and always will be a scam to get the $ fast buck. Back in the 1950s a guy advertised in popular trade magazines. His ad was simply stated. URGENT send me $20 and I will send you $25. He was honest he sent you a $25 US Savings bond. The cost for the bond was $18.75, .04 for postage nominal cost for the ad. His profit was over $1 per app. He made over $1 million in a years time. His sizzle was human greed. There is nothing wrong with making alot of money or becoming wealthy. The safeguard is not falling in love with money. If you love money you will invite evil into your life and disater will come.

• Like 1