HELP! Same-Sex Marriage CR1

Hi All,

Me and my spouse are in CR1 process and we are really worried about it because our story is complicated, we are same-sex and we have a age difference of 25.

I studied in US for 4 years majoring in Engineering and it was during this time I met my spouse. We met online during my freshmen year,2010 and then we became friends afterwards.

After I got back to US in summer 2011, I was homesick and having a hard time getting used to fraternity life. He invited me to stay with him and his uncle for a while and I did. One night, he made dinner for me and said" this dish is from your hometown and I hope it will make you feel better". I flipped right at that second and our relationship went beyond friendship but less than a serious relationship for the following 2 years (2011-2013), meaning friends with benefits.

It was during these 3 years(2010-2013) , we got to know each other more and more. we went out for dinner, we enjoy listening to the music and watching tv and movies(especially horrors) together, we did grocery shopping together, he took me on for motor rides, he taught me how to drive in US, great sex, meeting some of his family members, etc...

I stayed in US for summer 2013. We saw each other every day. One night I was stuck at Chicago Train Station till 2am in the morning, he drove there with his nephew to take me home and one day, he was helping me cleaning my apartment, I saw him got down his knees scrubbing my toilets and bathtub, I fell in love with him. (How can I not fall in love with him when a guy drove two hour to pick me up at 2 am and on his knees cleaning my dirty bathroom!?)We then started dating each other from summer 2013. We got married in US in May 2014 and i went back home in June 2014(china) because I had an internship that fit my career objective and i had to come back to sign some docs in person(my family bought an apartment under my name for investment a few years ago and i came back to sign the docs to apply ownership certificate).

Now,we r in CR1 process and I flew to Canada to see him this past December.

And I know I should have just stayed in US with him going through Adjustment Status.

Keys:

We never moved in because he stayed home(uncle's place) taking care of his uncle who had cancer and passed away in 2013 and then he succeeded his uncle's money and house

We dont have many evidence because from earlier years because we weren't even dating and we kept our heads low because of our special relationship.

I have met his families but he never met mine because i am not out.

No weddings because same-sex marriage has to be officiated by a judge

When we got married, it was just two of us because his families live in another state.

My concern is:

How am I gonna explain our relationship evolvement to the CO. it's so complicated. is the CO able to handle our crazy dramatic love story?

Any advice from your guys will be appreciated except those that are full of hate

Thanks.

Edited by zhao128 (see edit history)

I would simply explain it factually - they're not out to judge your "story", only the facts of whether your relationship is bonafide. As has been said here, actual love is not a requirement for a visa. You are free to fall in love with and marry anyone you want.

Don't feel like you need to explain yourself. We have seen at least three members go through with same sex marriage visas without a hitch - except that in China, your marriage is not recognized. This makes no difference in the visa process - the process is the same.

I took the liberty of highlighting a few of the facts in your story. The only down side I see to your visa chances is the age difference of 25 years.

Hi All,
Me and my spouse are in CR1 process and we are really worried about it because our story is complicated, we are same-sex and we have a age difference of 25.
I studied in US for 4 years majoring in Engineering and it was during this time I met my spouse. We met online during my freshmen year,2010 and then we became friends afterwards.

After I got back to US in summer 2011, I was homesick and having a hard time getting used to fraternity life. He invited me to stay with him and his uncle for a while and I did. One night, he made dinner for me and said" this dish is from your hometown and I hope it will make you feel better". I flipped right at that second and our relationship went beyond friendship but less than a serious relationship for the following 2 years (2011-2013), meaning friends with benefits.
It was during these 3 years(2010-2013) , we got to know each other more and more. we went out for dinner, we enjoy listening to the music and watching tv and movies(especially horrors) together, we did grocery shopping together, he took me on for motor rides, he taught me how to drive in US, great sex, meeting some of his family members, etc...
I stayed in US for summer 2013. We saw each other every day. One night I was stuck at Chicago Train Station till 2am in the morning, he drove there with his nephew to take me home and one day, he was helping me cleaning my apartment, I saw him got down his knees scrubbing my toilets and bathtub, I fell in love with him. (How can I not fall in love with him when a guy drove two hour to pick me up at 2 am and on his knees cleaning my dirty bathroom!?)We then started dating each other from summer 2013. We got married in US in May 2014 and i went back home in June 2014(china) because I had an internship that fit my career objective and i had to come back to sign some docs in person(my family bought an apartment under my name for investment a few years ago and i came back to sign the docs to apply ownership certificate).
Now,we r in CR1 process and I flew to Canada to see him this past December.
And I know I should have just stayed in US with him going through Adjustment Status.

Keys:
We never moved in because he stayed home(uncle's place) taking care of his uncle who had cancer and passed away in 2013 and then he succeeded his uncle's money and house
We dont have many evidence because from earlier years because we weren't even dating and we kept our heads low because of our special relationship.
I have met his families but he never met mine because i am not out.
No weddings because same-sex marriage has to be officiated by a judge
When we got married, it was just two of us because his families live in another state.

My concern is:
How am I gonna explain our relationship evolvement to the CO. it's so complicated. is the CO able to handle our crazy dramatic love story?

Any advice from your guys will be appreciated except those that are full of hate
Thanks.

I would simply explain it factually - they're not out to judge your "story", only the facts of whether your relationship is bonafide. As has been said here, actual love is not a requirement for a visa. You are free to fall in love with and marry anyone you want.

Don't feel like you need to explain yourself. We have seen at least three members go through with same sex marriage visas without a hitch - except that in China, your marriage is not recognized. This makes no difference in the visa process - the process is the same.

I took the liberty of highlighting a few of the facts in your story. The only down side I see to your visa chances is the age difference of 25 years.

Thanks for your advice and info!! We greatly appreciate it.