Preliminarily Approved, CCP, CITIC, CGI Stanley, UID number, Birth Cer

Doug

6/25/2015 - the CGI Stanley usatraveldocs information has been copied to a separate thread for those who entering that phase -

CGI Stanley - Step by step

Fen and her daughter had a 7:45AM appointment 11-19-2014, for CR-1, & CR-2, sent to us from the NVC, not scheduled through CGI Stanley. Guard said it was best to be there 30 minutes early, and we were.
gallery_1846_737_46558.jpg
gallery_1846_737_1020.jpg
Up against window, not at the door for us. I had to wait outside, of course, once she went in. So I had to go back outside the gate and wait.

After Fen and daughter went inside:
First a girl checked all the papers and said we need to submit another white book and original of her birth. Not sure why, as they have 2 versions already. Then she took her to a white guy who was medium height, build, looks, just your average guy...(He could have built sandwiches at Subway) He spoke Chinese but said he preferred English, so most of the conversation was in English. He seldom looked up while he talked with her because he was flipping through all the documents the girl collected from my wife. She made him look several times.
Questions: (Fen was not sure of order)
He asked to look at pics, she handed him one of 5-7 books she had. Then forced him to look at another... :D
He asked for what her husband goes by, what name, and she wisely said my middle and last name, skipping the first name.
He asked her to spell my name. He said Ok after she spelled out D O U G L A S, so she stopped.
He asked if she has ever been in the USA. No
He asked where and how we originally met. She said Chineselovelinks.com He said OK, as if he was familiar with it, no problem.
He asked how we contacted each other and she said 2-3 times a day, usually on sky (Skype) and sometimes the phone.
He asked who called who, and she said I usually call her but sometimes she calls me. He said OK. (I think they don't like it if the USC does all the initial contact of each conversation, or if the Chinese does not know how to get hold of their spouse.)
Where and when married, she explained all. He looked at wedding pics, but would not look up for pics of me with her family.
He asked a second time if she had ever been in the USA. She says, No, but my husband has been to see me in China 12 times and then forced the guy to see our little short folder with 13 slots, 12 of which are full of travel receipts for me visits to her. She also told him a second time I was there now and showed my passport again. This time he looked up. It was the only 2 reactions she got out of the guy with a smile and an "oh?". (I wonder if my making some trouble made him really wonder if she had been in the USA illegally or not. I raised hell about Mexico to some of the USCIS agents over the phone in the past, and to Senator Cruz and my House Rep.)

She got 2 white papers and a green paper. (We got 1 & 2 below sent thru local CITIC Bank 11-21-2014. We sent the email for #3 11-25-2014. Thus my busyness rather than post right away to you good folks.)
1) One white says she is preliminarily approved, which is a very good thing. They buy the relationship and I am not sure how they could not have. It also said to register with CGI Stanley, which I already did a few weeks ago, but of course there is trouble on their website when the NVC/consulate sets the appointment, IMO. I am still not sure Guangzhou can see that we are registered on CGI. I absolutely do not trust that website or anyone there!!! I think CGI is really for those living in China to file for immigration. It does not seem to work so well for us in the states who file through USCIS, IMO.
gallery_1846_737_37002.jpggallery_1846_737_64747.jpg
Front & Backside

2) The green paper was for another set of 2012 & 2013 income tax returns, to be sent through CITIC Bank with the CGI cover page, WooPee CGI, wonder how much of my tax money you collected for that? We got that sent in Friday 11-21. She was told the reason was because there are two I-864 forms. She had the 2 original I-864 signed, and one set of 3 years tax returns, + an original & copy of a letter from my HR along with original & copies of my check stubs for all of this year. They kept the originals
:Dah: , He didn't want 2011, but a second set of the others. My gosh, web sites say to pay the $88 fee for AOS once, when a child is attached to the spouse, Yet, I had a govt. website wanting 2 payments so I did it, OK two sets of everything.
gallery_1846_737_42168.jpggallery_1846_737_45937.jpg
Front & Back

IV document submission is covered here - Submitting Additional Documents

CGI Cover Page for submitting Documents through CITIC Bank
Case Number is your GZO or GUZ number.
gallery_1846_737_33501.jpg
Register or log in here to get UID Number: http://ustraveldocs.com/cn/index.html?firstTime=No and/or https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/?language=English&country=China
gallery_1846_737_24047.jpg

The "New Application" screen looks like this. You will need to enter your information here, including the Case ID before you can continue.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/uploads/gallery/album_737/gallery_1846_737_370664.jpg

Cover page that must accompany the above originals, and your documents, letters, etc. to CITIC Bank, who forwards to Guangzhou Consulate. Link to submitting additional Info thru CITIC, find your nearest CITIC Bank, & download the above CGI cover sheet: http://www.ustraveldocs.com/cn/cn-iv-documentsubmissioninfo.asp
We discovered that not every CITIC Bank, within your city, is available on the CGI Stanley register and select bank location page, where you select your passport/visa pickup CITIC Bank, location. In fact the one for Changzhou is not even the main Changzhou bank. We were directed from our chosen pickup bank to the main bank not far away to ship our additional documents. Also the bank wanted a 2nd copy of the above CGI cover page, one for inside the unsealed envelope and another they affix on the outside of the envelope. So after you fill the cover sheet out make & take an extra copy. Here is full list of banks, you can click on various tabs to get them all: http://bank.ecitic.com/personal/cgjr/chuguo_1_7.shtml

3) The 3rd paper is white & totally for the CCP membership overcome. She has to provide Chinese and English versions of her resume, & etc in step 1, and answer all questions in step 2. All this is to be scanned in PDF and emailed. We sent that in 11-25. after messaging it per what Randy posted below in post #8.
gallery_1846_737_120442.jpg

This link, to track your status is rather cool: https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx I am encouraged that it was updated 11-26-2014, today, as I edit this post. Here is a passport tracker: http://www.ustraveldocs.com/cn/cn-niv-passporttrack.asp
I had a lot of trouble with error messages trying to email the attachments for the above CCP overcome. So the day I emailed the CCP overcome stuff, I wrote an inquiry to Guangzhou Consulate asking if they got the 2 attached PDF files: http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/immigrant-visa-unit-question.html I got an email last night 11-25, saying they got them. Boy Guangzhou works much more smooth than ANYTHING on the USA side, like NVC or USCIS. If I had to do all this over again I would have lived in China and started this immigration stuff.

gallery_1846_737_23566.jpg gallery_1846_737_15718.jpg
Your Sweetie will come out of this door. Go to the right for other visas & etc.

Randy W pics are here: http://candleforlove.com/forums/topic/47488-some-pictures-of-the-new-consulate/

We did not send in another white book of her birth. It was not requested by the interviewer or on any of the 3 papers he handed her.

(Those CGI guys are another story :rolleyes: I have been on the phone with them 2-3 times and sent them 4 messages about trouble with their website, all of which they don't want to believe. Now they want screen shots, so more work to try to help them and users. To be political, where is Halliburton when you need them, at least they know how to get a job done.) Here is the link to register with CGI Stanley. The first issue is that I have nothing but trouble trying to log in. The "captcha" box with the code to write in to show your a real person seldom appears. It took me 2 hours to log in the other day.http://www.ustraveldocs.com/cn/cn-loc-bank.asp

Tonight is a rock concert here in Changzhou, and we live one block from the huge sports complex it is held in. These folks really do fill the stadiums like shown on TV. In fact I am told it was on TV live. All the horns honking now as they leave. My wife is getting frisky, so I need to go now. :) :) :)

So after all this you may need to update or do things here: http://ustraveldocs....ml?firstTime=No and/or https://cgifederal.s...h&country=China
gallery_1846_737_790.jpg
gallery_1846_737_74097.jpg

To check on Additional or Administrative Processing of application: https://ceac.state.gov/ceac/
gallery_1846_737_42665.jpg

gallery_1846_737_48949.jpg

Edited by Randy W
Add "New Application" screen (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Wow, Doug - so glad to hear of the preliminary approval. At least that part is great news. Looks like they want you to send the kitchen sink, copies of the kitchen sink, schematic drawings of the kitchen sink, copies of the schematic drawings of the kitchen sink, license and birth certificate of the person who prepared the schematic drawings of the kitchen sink, copies of the license and birth certificate. . . .well, you get the idea. So glad to see they are in compliance with the Paperwork Reduction Act. Just send them all the stuff they want and before you know it, she will be stateside with you. You are a good man Doug, and you deserve to have her by your side. Hope you enjoy your visit to Jiangsu!

• Like 1

In order to check and make sure CGI Stanley has your CITIC Bank location, just do this from your dashboard: (They call this screen the dashboard)

gallery_1846_737_33515.jpg

gallery_1846_737_64555.jpg

Well, I just finished editing her CCP comeback. Did you guys know "that according to party articles" if you don't pay your dues for over half a year, you're not in the CCP? It doesn't matter in our case since her boss asked her about it 2 years ago and she paid. Dang it, she was on an 8 year run of no dues. So really she has been out of it for a year and a half. She now has officially sent a letter to her boss to quit. Anyway, we will sleep on this tonight, reread in the morning then email. Then all is out of our hands again.

She also discovered a lot of ladies lie about CCP membership and seem to get away with it. Well, we have played everything straight so far... later and thanks all.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

Well, I just finished editing her CCP comeback. Did you guys know "that according to party articles" if you don't pay your dues for over half a year, you're not in the CCP? It doesn't matter in our case since her boss asked her about it 2 years ago and she paid. Dang it, she was on an 8 year run of no dues. So really she has been out of it for a year and a half. She now has officially sent a letter to her boss to quit. Anyway, we will sleep on this tonight, reread in the morning then email. Then all is out of our hands again.

She also discovered a lot of ladies lie about CCP membership and seem to get away with it. Well, we have played everything straight so far... later and thanks all.

But what matters is the U.S. Government's definition of not being in the party - attempting to extract one's self from the party's roll's may actually register as activity, as far as the U.S. Government is concerned. Like you say, though, it is all out of your hands.

I don't know if you've seen this - there's an excellent essay on the subject by a member from a couple of years ago at

CCP Membership Issues

Thanks Randy, very timely. I guess I should have looked into this further before the interview, but no regrets.

Can you or Carl give me editing privileges for that initial post and the title of this thread? I want to post the scans and pics I have in that initial post for any new comer, so they don't have to search the thread. Also there is a mistake where I sent in the CITIC stuff, but it looks like I am saying I paid the AOS fee at that time, and that was long ago. I used to edit in another thread under my old name for a long time. If you can give me some time that way I would appreciate.

My PM (mail) won't work here in China, s I just ask publicly :)

Thanks Randy, very timely. I guess I should have looked into this further before the interview, but no regrets.

Can you or Carl give me editing privileges for that initial post and the title of this thread? I want to post the scans and pics I have in that initial post for any new comer, so they don't have to search the thread. Also there is a mistake where I sent in the CITIC stuff, but it looks like I am saying I paid the AOS fee at that time, and that was long ago. I used to edit in another thread under my old name for a long time. If you can give me some time that way I would appreciate.

My PM (mail) won't work here in China, s I just ask publicly :)

I changed your group to one which should allow you to do that. Let me know if you have any trouble.

OK guys I updated the original post & title. It still needs a little work, but the wife is leaning on me to go get some sleep. Busy day tomorrow.

Randy THANKS A BUNCH. I owe you one on this. We changed our answer to a compromise where she said she will quit the CCP before she comes to the USA. That essay is good goo advice.

• 2 months later...
Guest SloppyZhou_

Hey Doug,

OK guys I updated the original post & title. It still needs a little work, but the wife is leaning on me to go get some sleep. Busy day tomorrow.

Randy THANKS A BUNCH. I owe you one on this. We changed our answer to a compromise where she said she will quit the CCP before she comes to the USA. That essay is good goo advice.

Hey Doug, congrats on the preliminary approval. What is the status of your case today? I see in this thread the issue with CCP. Wishing you all well.

• Like 1

Hey Doug,

Hey Doug, congrats on the preliminary approval. What is the status of your case today? I see in this thread the issue with CCP. Wishing you all well.

WOW, thanks for asking. Here it is 1:35 in the morning, barely 24th of Feb. and I just checked and it has a stats update as of Feb 24.

THANKS FOR THE GOOD LUCK YOU GAVE ME. ;)

Other than just right now, we have been waiting.

Guest SloppyZhou_

Hey Doug,

WOW, thanks for asking. Here it is 1:35 in the morning, barely 24th of Feb. and I just checked and it has a stats update as of Feb 24.

THANKS FOR THE GOOD LUCK YOU GAVE ME. ;)

Other than just right now, we have been waiting.

I understand the torture you are enduring and how it feels to ask your torturer to please stop torturing you, when indeed they need to have their nose broken.

The "status update" for which you speak, I assume it's on the NVC ceac website, or another place? What is the new status?