My winter weather

Catherineli

Very nice pictures Catherine! Your long hair looks great in that cute hat!

Did you actually trying to ride a bike on the frozen lake!??

I was in Harbin once in the winter, so cold I wanted to cry!

Never thought I would live in Michigan where snow would not melt in March!

• 3 weeks later...

The Harbin Ice Festival is very beautiful at night. It was cold, but more cold in the festival where the floor is ice too. My pocket temp read -25F. Camera batteries had to be kept next to your body to stay charged. I got some amazing pictures there, as good or even better than you can find online.

I was more amazed in the city of Harbin in the winter with all the underground shopping. Just walk downstairs like your going on a subway, through the plastic curtains, and you step into a whole other world. Hot as heck, and anything and everything for sale.

Hi everyone, Hi Joecy, Mike and Rong!

Sorry I've not been here for quite a while! Today I like to share more pix. Joecy, I didn't even try to ride the bike on the ice. I was taking the pose of falling on the ice. That was in 2011 when I happened to be on the lake meeting a Chinese Santa Claus, a stranger to me. He was riding two bikes at the same time and he was also trying to stand on one of the bike seats lifting the other bike high to the air while the underneath wheels were spinning forward on the icy lake. I also took some videos of him doing the "brag" but he fell many times. I don't think he succeeded it.

Winter swimming is popular here in the ice. Men and women all go. Jan, 1st is the winter swimming game that the city mayor comes to host every year. I didn't even want to try it.

Mike and Rong, can you please upload some of your pix that you took at Harbin? I'm glad you understand how cold the festival weather is. we even don't like to hold the camera with our naked hands.

Merry Christmas everyone! Happy every day!

Catherine

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...