getting snooty at DOS

I think this is the second time I have gotten this woman. She acts like I'm putting her out to look up our case in the computer. Finally after telling me that that is not what they are there for and reluctantly looking up our case number all she would tell me is it is still pending. Argggggg!!!!! I'm going nuts. It's been 5 weeks now since we sent in P-3. Surely P-4 has to come soon.

Hey Carl,

I know what you mean. I called DOS once, and only once. I got the third degree. She told me that she is not an information center and that GZ would contact me when they are ready for the interview. Oh Well!!! Anyway, my timelines are close to yours and my fiancee has her interview in less than 2 weeks. So my gueass is you will be soon. Hang in there --it is worth it!!

I think this is the second time I have gotten this woman.  She acts like I'm putting her out to look up our case in the computer.  Finally after telling me that that is not what they are there for and reluctantly looking up our case number all she would tell me is it is still pending.    Argggggg!!!!! I'm going nuts.  It's been 5 weeks now since we sent in P-3. Surely P-4 has to come soon.

She's probably a republican!

I think this is the second time I have gotten this woman.  She acts like I'm putting her out to look up our case in the computer.  Finally after telling me that that is not what they are there for and reluctantly looking up our case number all she would tell me is it is still pending.    Argggggg!!!!! I'm going nuts.  It's been 5 weeks now since we sent in P-3. Surely P-4 has to come soon.

Carl,

I have talked to her to (or one of her evil twins) She seemed to take great pleasure in informing me that it could take another 14 months. Doesn't it just give you warm fuzzies seeing how our tax monies are spent.

Carl,

it depends on who you get. I called DOS one time to inquire and I got this lady who just didn't say anything!

me: "Yes, I like some information about my case."

her: "Okay.".......(10-15 second pause)....

me: "Okay...well...can you help me?"

her: "Okay.".....(another 10-15 second pause)....

me: "Well, do you want my case number?"

her: "Okay.".........

And that is how it went!......... :lol:

Carl, I know where youre at. It is so frustrating to wait so much. I called maybe every week for 4 weeks straight. I got 2 good operators and 2 bad ones.

My personal feeling is that yes, they are in fact an information center, and if they dont like it, I want to talk to their supervisor.

Patrick

BTW did you all know GZ is now going to start charging for phone support they are setting up a phone support system for all of China.

http://www.usembassy-china.org.cn/guangzho...v/new.html#call

Visa Information Call Center

Announcement: On March 3, 2004, the U.S. Consulate General in Guangzhou will transition to a China-wide Visa Information Call Center that will provide visa-related information to visa applicants and schedule their non-immigrant interview appointments.

Telephone Number: The telephone number for the call center will be announced on March 2, 2004.

Goal: The Visa Information Call Center will improve customer service for visa applicants, providing callers with easy access and accurate and timely information regarding the visa process. Callers will be able to access information on all visa-types and application procedures for both immigrant and non-immigrant visas.

Fee: Callers will need to pay a small fee to access the Call Center. The initial charge will be 54 RMB for 12 minutes of use. Any calls that take longer than 12 minutes, of which we anticipate there will be relatively few, will be assessed an additional 54 RMB for each 12-minute segment.

Payment options: Callers will be able to pay for the service using credit card, debit card, bank draft, or postal order.

Credit/Debit card: Payment can be made by entering the credit/debit card number into the telephone for validation.

Bank draft/Postal order: Applicants can send either of these to the Call Center, and 10 days later may call and access the service.

CITIC Bank: We are working with CITIC Bank to provide an additional option by which applicants may purchase Call Center calling cards directly from CITIC Bank. Details on this option will be available shortly.

Note: Immigrant visa telephone inquiries can no longer be made by calling the U.S. Consulate General in Guangzhou directly - all immigrant visa telephone inquiries will be answered through the Visa Information Center. The Immigrant Visa Unit will continue to answer email inquires. Please use this form to contact the IV Unit by email.

I cannot understand why there is such a long time between P3 and P4 for some people. My good friend, "sixstringronnie" is now in China to be with his fiance for her interview which is scheduled for the 10th. I believe that the time between P3 and P4 for him was only 2 weeks.